ChronoSync Express is the entry-level version of the popular ChronoSync utility. It is the one application you can count on for both reliable backups and easy folder synchronization. ChronoSync Express combines an efficient file copy engine, flexible scheduling options, broad connectivity, and a robust user interface into the one utility that no Mac should be without.
IMPORTANT: ChronoSync Express enjoys the added security benefits of running within the application sandbox, as is required for all Mac App Store apps. As a result, however, it differs from the standard version of ChronoSync by eliminating a few features such as embedded script execution and bootable backups. Full details can be found by clicking our website link.
At its simplest, just create a new Synchronizer Document, pick two folders, and synchronize! When you need more control, use the built-in Options to dictate how individual files are handled, create archives of deleted or replaced files, and customize error handling and notifications. ChronoSync Express brings professional-level features to a consumer-level product!
• Unidirectional Backup
• Unidirectional ‘Blind’ Backup
• Unidirectional Mirror (aka ‘Clone’)
• Bidirectional Synchronization
• Internal & external storage devices (hard drives, SSDs, thumb drives, etc)
• Shared volumes (other Macs, file servers, NAS drives, etc) w/auto-mounting
• Disk images w/auto-mounting
• Other Macs via ChronoAgent
• iPhones and iPads via InterConneX
• Unlimited number of backups and synchronizations
• Group multiple sync and backup tasks into containers
• Run tasks manually within the app or from system menubar
• Schedule any task to run automatically at daily, weekly or monthly intervals
• Schedule tasks to run when volumes mount or computers join the network
• Custom error and conflict handling
• Detailed logging
• Package dissection or aggregation
• Custom file change triggers
• Extensive rules for filtering files and folder scans
• File and folder exclusions
RELIABILITY & REDUNDANCY
• Verification of copied data
• “Safe copy” operation will not overwrite files until copied & verified
• Automatic retry on errors
• Archiving of deleted and overwritten files
• Optional compression of archived data
• Visual analysis of entire file hierarchy
• Select individual file-pairs to examine metadata differences
• Manually force files or folder branches to sync or backup
• Run a trial to see exactly what will happen before it happens
• Manual overrides when running trials
• Manual deletion of files or folders
• Manual recovery of file/folders from backups or archives
ChronoSync Express is surrounded by utilities that enhance and expand its capabilities! Add ChronoAgent to a remote Mac to add more reliable and secure connections as well as faster file copying. You can even connect to ChronoAgent over the Internet!
Add the FREE InterConneX app to your iOS device and ChronoSync Express can now sync files to your iPad or iPhone so you can take your files with you. With InterConneX, you can even connect to your ChronoAgent-enabled Mac back at the office and browse or retrieve files that you left behind.
Lastly, the ChronoMonitor utility allows you to track sync and backup operation activity from your iOS device.
• All new 'Setup' assistants for quick, guided configuration of sync and backup tasks
• All new 'Modifier' assistants for batch changes to existing tasks
• Redesigned Scheduled Task Editor featuring a new, 'Basic' scheduling mode
• Interactive readiness warnings
• Enhanced support for High Sierra and APFS file systems
• Increased security when connecting to ChronoAgent and InterConneX Targets
• Numerous user interface tweaks and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good functionality, usability is lacking
Great simple backup tool, but needs improvements:
- Way too many windows to manage
- Errors don’t hyperlink to the actual error detail making troubleshooting difficult
- Trying to get back to the organizer takes too many clicks, and this is the primary screen.
This product needs a design overhaul.
Bogs down synchronizing large amounts of data
300 x 30MB photo files = 9 GB. Starts out at 2.5-3 MB/sec, decreases to 100 KB/sec. No other applications open, 16 GB RAM. Does OK synching up a few files
Easy to use and effective
I purchased this app in order to have a scheduled synchronization occur between a Dropbox folder on my iMac and an NAS device on my home network. It was easy to set up, and it works flawlessly. It is easily configurable and effective, and it will probably be used in additional applications in the near future.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.