ChronoSync Express is the entry-level version of the popular ChronoSync utility. It is the one application you can count on for both reliable backups and easy folder synchronization. ChronoSync Express combines an efficient file copy engine, flexible scheduling options, broad connectivity, and a robust user interface into the one utility that no Mac should be without.
IMPORTANT: ChronoSync Express enjoys the added security benefits of running within the application sandbox, as is required for all Mac App Store apps. As a result, however, it differs from the standard version of ChronoSync by eliminating a few features such as embedded script execution and bootable backups. Full details can be found by clicking our website link.
At its simplest, just create a new Synchronizer Task, pick two folders, and synchronize! When you need more control, use the built-in Options to dictate how individual files are handled, create archives of deleted or replaced files, and customize error handling and notifications. ChronoSync Express brings professional-level features to a consumer-level product!
• Unidirectional Backup
• Unidirectional ‘Blind’ Backup
• Unidirectional Mirror (aka ‘Clone’)
• Bidirectional Synchronization
• Internal & external storage devices (hard drives, SSDs, thumb drives, etc)
• Shared volumes (other Macs, file servers, NAS drives, etc) w/auto-mounting
• Disk images w/auto-mounting
• Other Macs via ChronoAgent
• iPhones and iPads via InterConneX
• Unlimited number of backups and synchronizations
• Group multiple sync and backup tasks into containers
• Run tasks manually within the app or from system menubar
• Schedule any task to run automatically at daily, weekly or monthly intervals
• Schedule tasks to run when volumes mount or computers join the network
• Custom error and conflict handling
• Detailed logging
• Package dissection or aggregation
• Custom file change triggers
• Extensive rules for filtering files and folder scans
• File and folder exclusions
RELIABILITY & REDUNDANCY
• Verification of copied data
• “Safe copy” operation will not overwrite files until copied & verified
• Automatic retry on errors
• Archiving of deleted and overwritten files
• Optional compression of archived data
• Visual analysis of entire file hierarchy
• Select individual file-pairs to examine metadata differences
• Manually force files or folder branches to sync or backup
• Run a trial to see exactly what will happen before it happens
• Manual overrides when running trials
• Manual deletion of files or folders
• Manual recovery of file/folders from backups or archives
ChronoSync Express is surrounded by utilities that enhance and expand its capabilities! Add ChronoAgent to a remote Mac to add more reliable and secure connections as well as faster file copying. You can even connect to ChronoAgent over the Internet!
Add the FREE InterConneX app to your iOS device and ChronoSync Express can now sync files to your iPad or iPhone so you can take your files with you. With InterConneX, you can even connect to your ChronoAgent-enabled Mac back at the office and browse or retrieve files that you left behind.
Lastly, the ChronoMonitor utility allows you to track sync and backup operation activity from your iOS device.
• Full Mojave Dark Mode Support.
• Many new ChronoSync Express Organizer features including:
- Tagging task documents to better organize them.
- Using Alert Icons for quick information about troubled backups.
- New Sorting Options to more easily find Tasks.
- New Action popup menu and Action buttons to launch or open Tasks.
• Use the Scheduler system menu to review 'Running Scheduled Tasks'.
• View Sync Task Logs without having to open the task document.
• New Task Container 'Documents Panel' allows:
- 'Special Notes' about the container.
- New details about each contained task.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent software, has saved me numerous times
This software is excellent. I highly recommend the full version which I use on my main system and this lite version I use everywhere else. I appreciate how simple and straightforward it is to set up a series of scheduled jobs and set a version history for the archive. Whereas Time Machine has failed me several times, because of permissions, versioning or some other idiotic nonsense, ChronoSync has made recovery of previous versions simple. It enables me to write my synced data to safer file systems where unix permissions behave consistently, like APFS and ZFS (Time Machine is still not capable) and recover the files regardless if my UID has changed, without having to enter some ridiculous 3D rendered full screen window.
Good basic version
I have a number of mac’s and have the full version on two of them. I just needed a basic version for this computer so I bought this to back up folders to a NAS drive. I had a couple of problems but support was really quick and fixed the issues I had. If you have really basic needs this will work just fine. If you have complicated setup then I would suggest the full version available on their website.
Works well; support is excellent
No software works so well that it is perfect. But what makes some software great versus just good is whether it is as good as possible AND the company that sold it to you stands behind it.
These folks stand behind their software. If you get stuck, they will help. They won't give up. That is what makes some software great. That is what makes this software great.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.