By Hello, Resolven
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Praise from the internets:
* New and Noteworthy on Mac App Store, May 2013
* What's Hot on Mac App Store, May and June 2013
* MacWorld: 4/5, "GIF Brewery makes it a snap to convert video files into animated GIFs."
* Mac.AppStorm: 9/10, "A great app to create your own customizable animated GIFs."
* The Verge mention: "For OS X, we’ve been having fun with GIF Brewery ... It’s simple, intuitive"
* Buzzfeed article: "... impress your friends and win the hearts of many with your GIF-making prowess!"
GIF Brewery is the best video to GIF creator on Mac OS X. GIF Brewery lets you convert clips from your video files to GIFs. There is no more need for extracting frames from your movies and fiddling with Adobe Photoshop (tm). Let GIF Brewery do all the hard work for you.
See GIF Brewery in action at http://gifbrewery.com/ and http://helloresolven.com/portfolio/gifbrewery/.
* Convert clips from your videos into small GIF files.
* Resize or crop the video for your GIF.
* Add multiple captions or overlay images to the GIF.
* Create GIFs with your desired FPS or manually set the frame count and frame delay.
* Change the looping direction, such as normal playback, reverse, or even palindrome!
* Change the number of loops for the created GIF.
* Apply Core Image filters like Sepia or Color Correction.
* Save your settings for later edits.
* Supports Mac OS X 10.6+.
* Makes your hip on Tumblr, assuming your GIFs are smaller than 1MB.
* GIF Brewery will not alter the original file and settings just impact the GIF.
* GIF Brewery does *not* create GIFs from series of still images.
* GIF Brewery can only open and create clips from movies that Quicktime can open and play. Apple provides a list of the file formats and codecs at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3775.
* Note, however, that GIF Brewery cannot open any DRM-protected files.
* If you are using Quicktime components, such as Perian, Flip4Mac, or 3ivx, you MUST make sure they are up-to-date and compatible with Apple's Sandbox. Out-dated components will lead to GIF Brewery crashing.
If you are having an issue with any of the codecs listed above, please contact us! Note: If you experience any crashes whatsoever please contact Hello, Resolven at email@example.com. We are unable to diagnose the issue without help from effected users.
What's New in Version 2.3.5
* Fix issue with captions.
* Tumblr size restrictions adjusted.
* May now add multiple image overlays at once.
I've used this to make thousands of GIFs on Tumblr, it's really fast and easy to do. There were a few quirks with Yosemite that have been corrected in this version. This is by far the easiest app to use to make GIFs.
For best results, go to the preferences for GIF brewery and set it to “Automatically calculate count and delay” and to “Reduce colors”.
When you make individual GIFs, the best default is to 96 colors as a minimum, and Ordered as the dithering method, and scale up the number of colors as you go. For example, Tumblr requires GIFs to be 500px or less in width, and under 2MB in size.
Perfect for creating animated GIF files!
GIFBrewery does a great job creating animated .gif files and gives you full control of framerate, size, loop direction and even has image filters (which is cool)!
Plus the support is great, very quick and thorough. I reccomend GIFBrewery. Easy and quick to use. 5 stars!
Easy, Fast & Featured!
I’ve been looking for a simple GIF maker for OSX for ages. Usually I’ve had to import from my iPhone, or put it into Photoshop. THIS IS WAAAY BETTER. Super fast, and effecient. I’m very very happy with it.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Feb 27, 2015
- Version: 2.3.5
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Patrick Rogers
- © 2011-2015 Patrick Rogers
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later