Circle of 6
By The Line Campaign, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A personal safety app for everyone. Winner of the 2011 White House and HHS “Apps Against Abuse” Technology Challenge and Winner of Avon Foundation for Women/Institute of Medicine "Ending Violence @Home"
• By: Tech 4 Good, LLC
• Featured in NPR, Cosmopolitan, the New York Daily News, MTV, Marie Claire, Wired Cult of Mac and The Unofficial Apple Weblog
With national hotlines and online sexual health resources
Available in Hindi. Hotlines customized for New Delhi
Vice President Joe Biden says, “Thanks to the creativity and vision of these developers, young people now have a new line of defense against violence in their lives.”
With Circle of 6 you have a new way to connect with your most trusted friends —to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens! It's the mobile way to look out for your friends— on campus or when you're out for the night.
Circle of 6 lets you choose six trusted friends to add to your circle. If you get into an uncomfortable or risky situation, use Circle of 6 to automatically send your circle a pre-programmed SMS alert message, with your exact location. It’s quick. It’s discreet. Two taps is all it takes. Circle of 6 also connects you to 24h hotlines for safety and information, as well as Scarleteen.com, a comprehensive online sexual health resource.
Here’s how it works:
• You're out late and you lose track of your friends. Use Circle of 6 to send your circle a “come and get me” message — with a map using GPS to show your precise location.
• You're on a date that starts to get uncomfortable. You need a polite way to excuse yourself. Use Circle of 6 to alert your circle to call you and interrupt the situation.
• You're seeing someone new, but you have some doubts about how things are going. Use Circle of 6 to access a wealth of online information about healthy relationships.
• In critical situations, use Circle of 6 to call two pre-programmed national hotlines or a local emergency number of your choice. Also access health and safety information through our web-link.
Circle of 6 is a project of Tech 4 Good, LLC.
Tech 4 Good, LLC. is a human rights mobile start-up. Bringing our experience with youth culture, storytelling, code and design we develop engaging tools and campaigns to support a culture of connectivity and accountability.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Minor performance enhancements.
One of the best resources for all women to own!
Though I have never yet had to use the safety functions that are in Circle of 6, God forbid, this little app provides comfort in knowing that 1-6 people are within contact with a touch of a button, and can even find my location if needed! Wonderful app!
After installing the app it says to swipe right to learn about the features, yet swiping right is not correct. It should be swipe left. Looking forward to using the application.
Cannot add a contact to the circle
Not sure why, but when I select a contact "circle" in the app, it takes me to my contact list but I cannot select a contact that would then populate in the app. Help?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 15.1 MB
- Languages: English, Hindi, Spanish
- Seller: The Line Campaign, Inc.
- © Tech for Good
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.