Circle of 6
By The Line Campaign, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Circle of 6 is a personal safety app for everyone. Winner of the 2011 White House and HHS “Apps Against Abuse” Technology Challenge and Winner of Avon Foundation for Women/Institute of Medicine "Ending Violence @Home"
**iOS 10 introduced a bug with Circle of 6’s access to Contacts that made the app crash. This is now fixed with this update. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for alerting us to the problem!**
• By: Tech 4 Good, LLC
• Featured in NPR, Cosmopolitan, the New York Daily News, MTV, Marie Claire, Wired Cult of Mac and The Unofficial Apple Weblog
Vice President Joe Biden says, “Thanks to the creativity and vision of these developers, young people now have a new line of defense against violence in their lives.”
Circle of 6 lets you choose up to 6 trusted friends to add to your circle. If you get into an uncomfortable or risky situation, use Circle of 6 to automatically send your circle a pre-programmed SMS alert message, with your exact location. It’s quick. It’s discreet. Two taps is all it takes. Circle of 6 also connects you to 24h hotlines for safety and information, as well as Scarleteen.com, a comprehensive online sexual health resource.
With Circle of 6 you have a new way to connect with your most trusted friends —to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens! It's the mobile way to look out for your friends— on campus or when you're out for the night.
With national hotlines for safety and advice, and online sexual health resources
Also available in Hindi. Hotlines customized for New Delhi.
If you are a student at UCLA, Williams College, Hobart & William Smith, University of Houston or a student at Prince William County Public Schools, please download Circle of 6 U for a customized version for your school.
Here’s how it works:
• You're out late and you lose track of your friends. Use Circle of 6 to send your circle a “come and get me” message — with a map using GPS to show your precise location.
• You're on a date that starts to get uncomfortable. You need a polite way to excuse yourself. Use Circle of 6 to alert your circle to call you and interrupt the situation.
• You're seeing someone new, but you have some doubts about how things are going. Use Circle of 6 to access a wealth of online information about healthy relationships.
• In critical situations, use Circle of 6 to call two pre-programmed national hotlines or a local emergency number of your choice. Also access health and safety information through our web-link.
Circle of 6 is a project of Tech 4 Good, LLC.
Tech 4 Good, LLC. is a human rights mobile start-up. Bringing our experience with youth culture, storytelling, code and design we develop engaging tools and campaigns to support a culture of connectivity and accountability.
What's New in Version 2.0.5
- Fixed crash on adding contacts
- Update TOS page to make it clear users need to scroll down to read
I think this app is a super smart idea. I've been using it for a while, but it's more important than ever with all of the harassment in Trump's America. I know the last version was a little buggy - that's all fixed now. Just get the latest version.
Thanks for fixing the glitches!
Circle of 6 is my favorite security app and it's great to see it running smoothly. Thanks for all your work!
Such a great resource, feel better knowing I have it - well designed and no tech issues this version
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 23.2 MB
- Languages: English, Hindi, Spanish
- Seller: The Line Campaign, Inc.
- © Tech for Good
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.