Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simplest way to create soothing ambient music on your iOS device!
Circuli is a generative musical instrument conceptualized and developed by Batuhan Bozkurt (creator of the highly acclaimed instrument Otomata which is enjoyed by millions of people to date).
Tap the screen, enjoy the sounds and have fun!
For the curious:
* Circles grow at a constant rate.
* No two circle can overlap.
* Bigger circle pushes and shrinks smaller circle when in contact.
* A circle "pops" and makes a sound when its boundary intersects with the center of another circle.
* The pitch of the sound is determined by the position of the circle on the background. Bigger the hole, higher the pitch.
* The envelope of the produced sound is determined by a number of parameters including final circle size and time of interaction between two involved circles.
I've played a bit with the online version and I wish the app had the same ability to save a configuration. I also wish the sound would continue to play in the background when another app is open or the device is in lock mode. Overall, though, this is a nice little ambient sound toy that's as relaxing to watch as it is to listen to.
Just a few issues
Overall this app is cool and I like it a lot, but the inability to use other apps or lock your device and have the app keep running is the biggest issue. Also, saving different creations would be cool, but it's really anti-lock that sticks out. Good app though! I would be happy to give it a higher score after an update or two.
Bought after playing around with it online for a bit, and while it transitions perfectly to my iPod, I'm a little disappointed that there's no way to save a layout you like. A save function would make this app perfect, though right now it's still qawesome.
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: Feb 25, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Batuhan Bozkurt
- © 2012 Batuhan Bozkurt
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.