Cisco WebEx Meetings
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take Your WebEx Meetings Anywhere!
Stay connected to important meetings, wherever you are. With Cisco WebEx Meetings, you can join any conference from your Apple iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch.
Cisco WebEx Meetings is a universal app for iPad iPhone, and Apple Watch. It services WebEx Meeting Center, WebEx Meetings, WebEx Training Center, WebEx Event Center and WebEx Meetings Server.
Mobile video conferencing with:
• High-quality, full screen multipoint video
• 2-way video with camera switcher (available for iPhone 4+, iPad 2+)
• Voice-activated video switching
• View content and video simultaneously
• Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Hybrid
• Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Cloud (WBS29.9+ required)
• Auto Call Me for iPhone (for sites with call back enabled)
• Wideband audio support
• File sharing on the iPad - iWork docs (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), PDF, Word, Excel, PPT
Host account capabilities, including:
• Schedule, start, and cancel a meeting
• Invite others to a meeting
• Make someone else Host
• Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
• Promote/Demote panelists (WebEx Training Center)
• Mute/Un-mute participants
• Expel a participant
• Record meeting
• Join meetings through an email invite, meeting number, WebEx site, Personal Room URL, or My Meetings List
• Join before meeting host
• Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G/LTE
• Personal Conferencing Number (PCN)
• Full-screen meeting view
• Attendee list
• View shared content with annotations
• Pinch to zoom and scan
• Private or group chat
• Start/end Personal Room meetings
• View participant list
Global and Enterprise Ready:
• Sign in via your corporate account (for sites with Single Sign-On)
• Users can join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
• End to End encryption
• Available in 15 languages
Anyone can attend a Cisco WebEx meeting for free by choosing one of the below options. A Cisco WebEx Host account is needed to schedule and host a meeting.
- Go to your Cisco WebEx meeting invitation email and click on the meeting link.
- Launch the Cisco WebEx Meetings app on your iPad or iPhone and enter the meeting number.
File sharing on iPad (Requires WBS28.9 or WebEx Meetings 1.2SP6 and greater for full functionality)
By installing this application, you are accepting the Terms of Service (http://www.webex.com/terms-of-service-text.html) and Privacy Statement (https://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/legal/privacy.html) and are consenting to receive communications, updates, and upgrades for Cisco WebEx services. Cisco WebEx may collect meeting usage data and personal information, such as your email address, from your computer or device.
What's New in Version 8.5
• Support for iOS 9
• Support for IPv6
• Support for Apple Watch OS 2
• Confirmation email sent to meeting host upon scheduling a meeting from iPhone or iPad
What's New in Version 8.5
•Support for iOS 9
•Support for IPv6
•Support for Apple Watch OS 2
•Confirmation email sent to meeting host upon scheduling a meeting from iPhone or iPad
I use it for hours each day so it must not be that bad
Complaints about the app getting pushed to the background or crackling are outside of this apps control. I use this every day. One thing that took me a few weeks to realize was that it defaults to speakerphone (or headset) but after you're connected you can change this by sliding up from the bottom of the screen and selecting AirPlay. Some users would probably prefer it defaulted to handset over speaker but you can't please everyone.
I get disconnected from VoIP when a real phone call comes in which is annoying but also probably hard to solve as that's probably forced by iOS.
Keep the app simple for iPhone users please. If users want advanced features then they can use the desktop version.
Required for the mobile worker
Really a great app if you are a heavy WebEx user and often out of the office. The auto-dial feature is great for letting you avoid looking at numbers and things while driving. Ability to hand off the ball to others and generally a solid app -- much more stable than it first was.
The weak parts:
- they seem to put out releases so often that half the time I open the app I have to renter my WebEx password. If the advantage of the app is not having to mess with phone numbers this is undermined by having to remember and enter my password while on the road.
- if you don't keep the app open than it will kick you out after only a few minutes. The call will stay active but you will have to go initiate the WebEx session to see the presentation.
- that last point then folds into the issue of muting the call. They have a mute button built into the app but given how it works (voice over of how to press buttons to unmute) it isn't very good for normal usage of rapid mute and unmutes when trying to eliminate background noise and yet being involved in the conversation. So therefore I typically use the iPhone mute button -- but if you don't go back to the WebEx app you will be kicked out.
Love the freedom!
I use this app almost daily for work and I love not being chained to my computer. It makes being a mobile user, well mobile.(NOT recommended while driving -- safety first). But if I need to join a call and I'm not at my desk yet or I want to work while doing something else, this app makes it easy to do. Plus I can login from my computer once there. It doesn't transition but allows me to use both sessions. Pinch and zoom work well and obviously my screen is the limitation there. I also appreciate the "Call me" feature so I don't have to switch screens to look up the meeting # or password. 5 Stars from me!!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 28, 2015
- Version: 8.5
- Size: 49.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Cisco
- © 2015 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.