Cisco WebEx Meetings
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take Your WebEx Meetings Anywhere!
Stay connected to important meetings, wherever you are. With Cisco WebEx Meetings, you can join any conference from your Apple iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch.
Cisco WebEx Meetings is a universal app for iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch. It services WebEx Meeting Center, WebEx Meetings, WebEx Training Center, WebEx Event Center and WebEx Meetings Server.
Mobile video conferencing with:
• High-quality, full screen multipoint video • 2-way video with camera switcher • Voice-activated video switching • View content and video simultaneously • Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Hybrid • Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Cloud (WBS29.9+ required) • Auto Connect Audio (Call-In, Call Back, Connect using Internet) • Callback to a video conferencing system (WBS30+ required) • Wideband audio support • File sharing on the iPad - iWork docs (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), PDF, Word, Excel, PPT • View video files shared from desktop presenter on iPad and iPhone
Host account capabilities, including:
• Schedule, start, and cancel a meeting
• Invite others to a meeting
• Make someone else Host
• Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
• Promote/Demote panelists (WebEx Training Center)
• Mute/Un-mute participants
• Expel a participant
• Record meeting
• Join meetings through an email invite, meeting number, WebEx site, Personal Room URL, or My Meetings List
• Join before meeting host
• Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G/LTE
• Personal Conferencing Number (PCN)
• Full-screen meeting view
• Attendee list
• View shared content with annotations
• Pinch to zoom and scan
• Private or group chat
• Start/end Personal Room meetings
• View participant list
Global and Enterprise Ready:
• Sign in via your corporate account (for sites with Single Sign-On)
• Users can join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
• End to End encryption
• Available in 15 languages
Anyone can attend a Cisco WebEx meeting for free by choosing one of the below options. A Cisco WebEx Host account is needed to schedule and host a meeting.
- Go to your Cisco WebEx meeting invitation email and click on the meeting link.
- Launch the Cisco WebEx Meetings app on your iPad or iPhone and enter the meeting number.
By installing this application, you are accepting the Terms of Service (http://www.webex.com/terms-of-service-text.html) and Privacy Statement (https://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/legal/privacy.html) and are consenting to receive communications, updates, and upgrades for Cisco WebEx services. Cisco WebEx may collect meeting usage data and personal information, such as your email address, from your computer or device.
What's New in Version 9.1.3
• See all available audio options, similar to desktop
• One less tap to join the audio portion of a meeting with Auto Connect VoIP, Auto Call In
• View video files shared from desktop presenter
• Streamlined sign in experience – single sign on users will leverage the same login experience as non-single sign on users
• iPhone SE support
• iOS 10 support
• Bug fixes
Other conferencing tools I have used have had significant limitations--display windows too small to see presentations and/or need to dial in separately. The Webex tool has a large display window and lets me resize easily if I want to zoom in. I can use the audio right on my tablet or call in separately, if desired. The display speed is fast, also. On other tools I've used, there was noticeable delay in display, which can be very annoying. The Webex app doesn't have this limitation. In addition, even though I haven't had to use it, Webex allows a large audience. The one drawback I've seen is that people who call into conferences using their computers or tablets can cause a lot of feedback noise if they don't all mute. That is more of a learning and discipline issue, but can cause big disruptions to meetings.
I use the iPad app in lieu of the PC...
I really like to use my iPad for WebEx meetings because it leaves my PC screens available and makes my iPad's Bluetooth available for the audio. Neither my phone nor my PC is even involved, and it's completely portable. However, by not using the phone for audio, it is available for calls to come in, and an incoming call can confuse things among the audio devices.
I have not used the iPad for presenting PowerPoint presentations, but the PowerPoint on the iPad does a good job of representing the presentation material, so it might work well.
I have used WebEx for a number of years for work and just started using it on my IPad when I moved to the IPad Pro. WebEx is so easy to use and navigation, although different from the desktop application, is a breeze. Often clients don't even know I am using my iPad versus my desktop. Some of the tools from desktop don't come over but I have not had any issues or missed a beat using from my IPad. Great product thanks WebEx for keeping it simple and user friendly!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 12, 2016
- Version: 9.1.3
- Size: 79.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Cisco
- © 2016 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.