By NYC Bike Share
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Citi Bike App is your co-pilot for biking adventures in the city. From bike locations and real-time availability, to route planning, you’ll have all the info you need to unlock the possibilities of New York.
Pull up the app and see up-to-the-minute bike availability. Search station locations and addresses, to find the nearest bike or dock. Save your favorite stations, and know the situation right away at your usual spots.
See info about your most recent ride, and all-time riding history. Know how long you’ve had a bike out with an accurate trip timer, and see confirmation of your completed trip after you’ve docked.
Pick a destination and we’ll show you where to pick up and dock your bike. Need a route suggestion? Tap a station pin or location and the app will sniff out the best way to your destination.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
Happy March Citi Bikers! We have a fresh new look for you.
- New menu to replace dark and deep blue headings of the past
- Updated map layers screen with a native iOS design
- Brighter, easier to read station icons
- White background for the login screen
- New image for the pulldown drawer when you’re not logged in (you should log in tho)
- Default DOB during registration set to be closer to your likely age and not today’s date, which is very unlikely to be your birthday
- Station icons can scroll off the map for a smoother scrolling experience
- Fixed that crash right after a completing a purchase which we decided was a bad time for a crash
- Unlock a bike button sometimes mysteriously disappeared but our detectives (developers) solved this mystery
- Station icons now turn yellow when below 10% of station size instead of 15%
Under the hood:
- New architecture for screen loading
Have feedback? We love hearing from you. Shoot us an email at email@example.com to vent, gripe, or gush.
Love citibike, app could be more user friendly
A way to see updates on citibike status would be helpful. I would love an option to get notifications when citibikes are active again after an inactive period (such as after the snowstorm)
Don't know what I did before Citibikes, I really love them, but the updated App is a nightmare. Inaccurate information loads after a long slow spinning of the wheel, and it is constantly logging me out.
I LOVE CITI BIKE!