By Citrix Systems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Citrix Receiver lets you access your enterprise files, applications, and desktops to help you be as productive on the go as you are in the office. If your company uses Citrix, you have the freedom to work on your favorite device from wherever you are. Just ask your IT department how to get started.
HOW TO USE CITRIX RECEIVER
1. Open Citrix Receiver and tap Add Account.
2. Enter the Server or email address as instructed by Your IT Help Desk or system administrator.
3. Enter your User Name and Password.
4. Select the applications you want to use.
HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE TO CITRIX - Please contact your company's IT support team before following these steps:
1. Open Citrix Receiver and tap 'Settings' and then 'Support'.
2. Tap 'Request Help from Support'; This generates an email with log file.
3. Send the email to your company's IT support team.
1. In the App Store, go to Citrix Receiver
2. Tap 'Reviews' and then tap 'App Support' found at the bottom right of the screen.
3. This launches the Citrix support forum where you can review reported issues OR
4. To report issues, tap the menu icon and create an account first.
What's New in Version 6.1.4
Why so many bugs
It's unfortunate that Citrix can't make an app that functions as well as the ancient laptops at our clinic. When using a physical Bluetooth keyboard, the virtual keyboard keeps popping up and obscuring the screen for no reason. And to get the Bluetooth keyboard to even register I frequently have to toggle the virtual keyboard on and off once or twice before the physical keys will actually type. Why is that even a thing?? The X1 mouse would've been amazing to interact with mouse-friendly EHR software, but unfortunately that $70 purchase lags all over the screen making it somewhat more practical for me to poke at the little boxes with my Apple Pencil. Also, why no multitasking support? Isn't that just a default API you can add that Apple has already set up for developers? It's almost like Citrix doesn't want to invest in enough programmers for mobile, despite the fact that they advertise these features and continue to charge top dollar for what we expect to be a top notch service.
Not quite useable in the real world
I don't normally write reviews, but this one is too disappointing to not say something about. Citrix, I hope you're listing.
I invested in the Citrix X-1 mouse in the hopes of being able to really use my iPad Air 2 + Belkin keyboard to remotely access my WorkPC to get real work done on the road.
Access I can, but things just don't work well enough to make it a useable solution. Here are the two deal breakers:
1. Whether connected via LTE or at home on WiFi, typing anything is hopeless. As I type away, letters just seem to drop - except that they don't really. As soon as I press Return, those dropped characters magically appear. But it is too distracting to make typing anything of any substance a pleasant experience. No way could I sit down and deal with a large volume of email, write a business document, etc.
2. The display resolution options are terrible. Full-screen is fuzzy. Microsoft's own Remote Desktop looks much, much better at full screen. At the highest resolution, while crisp, everything is too small for my eyes. The other two options result in large unused black bands on the top and bottom of the screen, so it is not a pleasant experience and a waste of screen real estate.
The X-1 mouse works, but because of these two issues above, I won't be using it hardly at all unless Citrix can solve these problems. Which makes it a $60 waste.
Come on Citrix - you can do better, can't you?
I just installed this version of Receiver and the graphics performance is phenomenal. What an improvement from the previous build!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 21, 2016
- Version: 6.1.4
- Size: 51.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Citrix Systems, Inc.
- © 2015 Citrix Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.