Citymapper - the Ultimate Transit App
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate transit app for complex cities!
A to B trip planning with ETA including all modes (subway, bus, rail, ferry, bike/car sharing, Uber).
Real-time departures. Transit maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Bike routing and live bike share info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realize you need -- to manage your life in the city.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
EUROPE: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
"Now forget about Google Maps because Citymapper eats Google Maps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” - Tech in Asia
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App (Mobile World Congress Barcelona / GSMA 2014)
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR USER REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "It’s reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imaginable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US, SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: MTA, MNR, LIRR, Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit, NY Waterway Ferries, PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, MUNI, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Union City Transit, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, Stanford Marguerite, Emery Go-Round, ACE, Capitol Corridor, Bay Area Bike Share, San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Los Angeles: Metro, Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massport, MBTA, Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, MTA Commuter, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 6.2.1
Welcome to the best iOS10 release we've ever made.
An iMessage app. So you're texting someone. Where are you. I dunno, where are you? I dunno, when are you going to get here? I dunno. Etc. This is tiresome. Now with our new iMessage extension thingie (available automatically, although you might have to fiddle around to find it), you can send anyone your location. And boom: a little map will appear and the other party will be able to tap through to get directions to you. Finally messaging and apps are integrated in harmony. Or so we hope. Let us know by sending us your location, we'll come over and chat.
Stickers! We made a ton of them. They are very green. And they are called: Stickymappers. The only way to describe them and our choice of name is with one word: courage. Yes, sometimes a transport app just has to say: hey, we're going to make some stickers, and that's that. To get our fabulous stickers you have to go into the new iMessage store and search for 'Stickymappers', this is all new and confusing right now. But you should, cause they are cool. And sending them to other people before they send them to you means you win.
Animated stickers! Why just make normal stickers when you can make some that move and animate. Say hello to Giffymappers. Oh, did you think we were going to give these away for free? Babe, sometimes you've got to pay to play. These stickers are alive, built with love and care, with transport themes like 'I'm late' and 'I'm lost', sending them to people will result in waves of delight, and you being forgiven for all your sins. Have courage, and get some 'Giffymappers'.
3 new Widgets. Those things at the top are now on the left. You'll see. Widgets are so breezy now that we decided to actually make a few. Nearby departures widget- wherever you are, we will show you how to leave. Saved stops widget- just check your favourites. Go widget- all your destinations, along with ETA. And all of them are different colors! Blue. Green. Purple. Why? One word.
And... drumroll.. a complete NEW Watch app, revamped for WatchOS3. Remember how we said our watch app is amazing and will help you on your journey from A to B, but then it turned out to be kinda slow and you were like: nice work Citymapper but no cigar. Well light up, because now IT JUST FINALLY WORKS. It's simpler. It's faster. And if you activate GO mode, it sends you timely notifications during every step of your journey. And it stays on your Watch face to tell you what you need, when and where you need it, just by raising your wrist. Just like we said it would a year ago.
And now for some interpretive dance.
Best transit app
Best transit app hands down. I was in Europe and the seamless city switch was smooth and the accurate. The app is easy to use and usually load fast. Offline mode is great for subways/metro. And now that it works in Seattle my commute life will be better. I used the transit app but Citymapper is better imho.
Only thing is the watch app might need a little tweaking to sync. Also the "get off alarm" is kinda buggy with iOS10.
Overall, the app is simply the best.
My Go-To App in the Bay Area
Love Citymapper! Aside from an awesome set of transit routes, it also has great features like real-time trip sharing so you can let someone know your ETA without sending a billion texts. Good stuff!
Improve the app so it can access calendar so I don't have to copy and paste address from my calendar... I recommend this app to all NYC "new comers". Make this upgrade and I'll rate you with 5 stars!!! :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 16, 2016
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 187 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2016 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.