Citymapper - the ultimate real time transit app
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B journeys. Departures. Status alerts. Featured in the 'Rise' Apple Watch Ad. Citymapper is now on your wrist!
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP for New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Singapore and more!
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner- MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Special Prize Winner- Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014- GSMA/Mobile World Congress
* Designs of the Year 2014- London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014- Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014- Stuff Magazine
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
We're reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable. A to B trip planning with real-time. Real-time departure info on all modes of transit. Bike/ cycle routing and share availability. Line status and disruption alerts. Uber and Hailo integration. Weather. Everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imagineable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), Metro-North Railroad (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit Trains (NJT), New Jersey Transit Buses / Light Rail (HBLR / NLR), NY Waterway Ferries (East River, Hudson, Belford ferries), PATH (PANYNJ), Citi Bikes
- San Francisco and Bay Area: BART, San Francisco MUNI Metro, MUNI Bus, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, VTA, Bay Area Bike Share
- Los Angeles: Metro (Metro, Metro Liner, Buses), Los Angeles Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA Bus, Chicago 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), Massachusetts Bay Transport Authority (MBTA), Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: Philadelphia SEPTA (Trolleys, Buses, Rapid Transit, Commuter Rail), PATCO, NJ Transit Buses (Buses, Rail, Light Rail)
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on.
What's New in Version 5.3
Route around disruptions/ service issues. Save bike and cab trips. SHARE TRIPS! And improvements to the Watch app.
Route around disruptions/ service issues. These broken cities. We love to live in them. Next time there are issues with your suggested routes, we will let you plan around them by eliminating parts of the network that are not functioning, including planned and real-time closures. We understand better where issues are so we keep working parts of lines still available. This also works for future planning, where we have incorporated all available information about planned closures. We are ready for the next strike. Not that you should go out and start one. Just saying.
Save bike and cab trips. Previously you could save your transit trips. Then you could save your walk trips. Then the bikes and cabs got sad. That made us sad. So now you can save your bike and cab trips. All saved trips are available on your homescreen and accessible offline. Saved bike share trips will indicate bike/dock availability so you can beat your neighbors just by checking your homescreen. Saved cab trips will indicate live arrival time and surge pricing (ahem) where relevant. All trips are now treated equally and with respect. Except for..
Share trips. Why just keep them to yourself. Share any and every trip from within the app. The exact trip. It doesn’t matter if recipients use other inferior platforms, or do not have our app. They will receive the trip/directions. They will smile and think of you.
- Share with your mom when she is visiting, tell her exactly how to get to your place from the airport. Actually you should probably pick her up.
- Share with your friends that have difficulty with choices. Choose for them. Be a hero.
- That quiz back in ‘09. You were right. Let them all know.
- You can now write that viral article “11 Citymapper routes they don’t want you to know about”.
- Screenshots are like so uncool. You know what’s cool? Deep links.
And for the 1% in the brave new world:
- The Watch now includes all your saved places.
- Service issues are accessible in the app and not just on the Glance.
- Save and unsave stops right on the Watch.
- Saved stops are now sorted by distance.
- Fixes for issues, crashes. Make sure you have iOS 8.3.
- Bikes are next...
This is a fantastic app! It is all you need to find your way around the city and helps you where most other routing apps fall short. Now the only reason I didn't give it five stars was that in the live trip views, arrival times don't get automatically refreshed. So each time I take a look to check, I have to go back and forth to get in the moment time. Other apps have a count down timer for arrival times which starts as soon as you route so you know exactly how much longer to wait. Please add this feature and citymapper will be the one and only routing map out there. Thanks guya for the great work!
Great app, but as always use with caution
Love the smooth graphics that are easy on the eyes and the user friendly interface (especially the joke directions ;) ). However, there are times when I used it in London where it brought me to a place 30 minutes from where I needed to be. This was because they relied on external location-review websites like Yelp or foursquare, which will rather depend on popularity. Best to always key in the address instead of the placename.
Best transit app
This is my favorite transit app and I've tried a bunch. Full-featured and a breeze to use. Plus it seems to be continually adding helpful features. And they really nailed it with the Apple Watch app. Very well-designed. It has been the perfect traveling companion for me.
I also really appreciate the Uber integration. When I encounter horribly long bus wait times, Uber ends up being a tempting option.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 12, 2015
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.