Real-time departures. Transit maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Bike routing and live bike share info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realize you need -- to manage your life in the city.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
EUROPE: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Moscow, St Petersburg.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
"Now forget about Google Maps because Citymapper eats Google Maps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” - Tech in Asia
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App (Mobile World Congress Barcelona / GSMA 2014)
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR USER REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "It’s reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imaginable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US, SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: MTA, MNR, LIRR, Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit, NY Waterway Ferries, PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, MUNI, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Union City Transit, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, Stanford Marguerite, Emery Go-Round, ACE, Capitol Corridor, Bay Area Bike Share, San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Los Angeles: Metro, Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massport, MBTA, Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, MTA Commuter, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
The Age of Floating Transport continues...
We've added even more electric cycles, mopeds, kick scooters and carsharing across our cities.
Find anything anywhere, all in one app.
Cycles: ofo, Mobike, oBike, Lime, JUMP
Moped Scooters: Cityscoot, COUP, YUGO, eCooltra, Muving, ioscoot, Scoot
Kick Scooters: Bird, Lime, Skip
Carsharing: car2go, Enjoy, Sharengo
Helicopters: nope, sorry.
We've also revamped the train departure page, tidied up the layout to show you the things that matter, especially when you've searched for a destination.
In the previous episode...
Hello iOS 12, hello Siri!
Record voice commands for the things you do in Citymapper and let Siri read them out to you.
"Hey Siri, check my commute"
“Hey Siri, Departures”
“Hey Siri, Get me home”
The hands-free future has arrived.
We also shipped new complications and a new Siri watchface card for the new Watch Series 4. New toys!
Ratings and Reviews
Serving urban centers as diverse as London, Lyon, Boston, and Tokyo, Citymapper aims to make city travel as stress-free as possible. And, rather brilliantly, it manages it. Plugging in a desired destination (“home” and “work” can be saved, usefully) serves up every imaginable method of getting there, including a nice Uber sync-up. It also displays costs, live departure times, duration, and calories. Our favorite feature, however? The option to discover how long it’d take to get where you’re going by jetpack and teleportation. One day, Citymapper. One day.
LOVE this app
I recently went to NYC for a long weekend and though I know my way around the city pretty well I explored this visit to places I haven’t been, enter the Citymapper app.
You put in where you want to and it shows you how to get there and a multitude of ways. Whether it be walking taking the train or taking the bus or taking a cab or taking an Uber or Lyft. It gives you the time of each method of transportation how long it will take you to get there and it even gives you an estimated cab and Uber/Lyft fares. If you opt to take the train like I did it tells what car to get on to be closest to an exit and it even gives you walking directions when exiting the train to reach your final destination.
This app is AWESOME! I highly recommend and will use it for years to come. Thank You Citymapper.
My go-to transit app
With constant updates, added features, and improvements, this is my go-to app. I use it hand in hand with Google Maps. Each have features I like that the other doesn’t. Transportation is a breeze with this app. I’ve used it in both NYC where I live and in London when I went to visit (the offline feature is wonderful as I didn’t have cell service. I would use the WiFi and plan out my trips and save them in the hotel and was able to access my transit directions on the go)
I feel as though there could be some work with the LIRR directions. My commute has a simpler route than suggested and when the app shows it, it’s inconsistently there.
Love this app though!
- Citymapper Limited
- 232 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Citymapper Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.