Citymapper - the Ultimate Transit App
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate transit app for complex cities!
A to B trip planning with ETA including all modes (subway, bus, rail, ferry, bike/car sharing, Uber).
Real-time departures. Transit maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Bike routing and live bike share info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realize you need -- to manage your life in the city.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
EUROPE: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Moscow, St Petersburg.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
"Now forget about Google Maps because Citymapper eats Google Maps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” - Tech in Asia
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App (Mobile World Congress Barcelona / GSMA 2014)
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR USER REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "It’s reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imaginable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US, SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: MTA, MNR, LIRR, Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit, NY Waterway Ferries, PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, MUNI, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Union City Transit, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, Stanford Marguerite, Emery Go-Round, ACE, Capitol Corridor, Bay Area Bike Share, San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Los Angeles: Metro, Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massport, MBTA, Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, MTA Commuter, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 6.8.1
The homescreen is faster.
The homescreen has more.
Some things will never change.
Some things will always be the same.
But you can't ever go home again.
No you can't ever go home again.
A really, really good and functional app. I would say the only shortcoming is, there is a lot to learn and find out. To use this app to its fullest you really need to learn some of its nuisances to get the most out of it. The learning curve is just a little confusing. A quick video by them to show how you should set up a days commute most efficiently would benefit all. Also in the video to show you what your other options are and why you may or may not want to use it.
Probably the most confusing part is when you have to walk somewhere.
A lot of work went into this and the company should be commended.
Oh, and their updates are always worth reading!! Really, they are.
Excellent All-in-one App
I live in New York and used to have separate apps for the bus, subway, and commuter train. This one app gives me access to all of that information, including offline system maps, AND has Citibike, Uber, and other modes of transportation built in. I honestly couldn't have dreamed up a more elegant and comprehensive app than Citymapper.
Their engineers are excellent and constantly making changes and updates. I'm hard to please when it comes to transit, and I love this thing.
What have they done to a perfectly great app?
The app use to let you organize your saved addresses (i.e. move them up or down) so the ones you use more frequently were more easily accessible in the list. Now since updating the app and life circumstances changing I need addresses at the bottom of my list almost daily but I cannot changed the order they're in. Instead the only solution I can come up with is to delete all of my saved addresses and reenter them in the order I need them in. Also, why is it so hard to get to the offline NYC subway map? The app was so great before all of these major interface changes. Please fix these issues. Use to be a 5 star app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 15, 2016
- Version: 6.8.1
- Size: 147 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2016 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.