Citymapper Transit Navigation
By Citymapper Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Real-time departures. Transit maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Bike routing and live bike share info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realize you need -- to manage your life in the city.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
EUROPE: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Moscow, St Petersburg.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
"Now forget about Google Maps because Citymapper eats Google Maps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” - Tech in Asia
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App (Mobile World Congress Barcelona / GSMA 2014)
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR USER REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "It’s reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imaginable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US, SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: MTA, MNR, LIRR, Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit, NY Waterway Ferries, PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, MUNI, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Union City Transit, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, Stanford Marguerite, Emery Go-Round, ACE, Capitol Corridor, Bay Area Bike Share, San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Los Angeles: Metro, Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massport, MBTA, Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, MTA Commuter, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 6.25
Two treats for mapaholics:
First, INSTANT TRAVEL TIME: Swipe around on the home screen map, and instantly see how long it takes to get there by public transportation (or walking if it's close). Then tap the green --> button to see directions. BOOM.
Also, now that we have our iPhone Xes (iPhones X?) in our grubby little hands, we're addicted to those edge-to-edge maps. So we put another one on the trip details page. MAP ALL THE THINGS!
I love this app!
This is a great app for those who are directionally challenged and would get lost in their own backyard. I love the fact that there is a feature that signals you when it’s time to get off at your stop. I never go anywhere without using Citymapper! It’s also great that the app gives you at least 5 different ways to get anywhere and it includes all modes of transportation. The walking feature is great because it has a blue dot that lets you know if your walking in the right direction or not. Since using this app I’ve never gotten lost and I usually get to my destination faster than the app estimates. This is an essential app for those who travel regularly.
Invaluable for tourists
We found this app to be *invaluable* when traveling around the London area on vacation.
I don't think we would have been able to navigate the bus system on our own. (We exclusively used the Underground on our last trip.)
There were two minor quirks that bugged me. include that the "flashlight" (showing the direction you are facing) was sometimes wrong when we first got off the Tube. It's possible that GPS isn't as reliable in downtown London with all of the highrises.
The other issue is that the walking speeds were overestimated - we tended to arrive early, but it could be that we walk fast. Being early isn't an issue. :-)
I highly recommend this app for traveling in London. I would use a different app if I were driving around town, but this is the easiest I've seen for navigating public transit. I have not tried it in other cities yet, but plan to on my next trip.
A good sense of humor and clever interface. It doesn't suggest the express train option of you start at a local station but the suggestion of where in the train to boards usually spot on. Now for a multi stop routing option that can be saved to use again.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 09, 2017
- Version: 6.25
- Size: 191 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2017 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.