Civil War: 1861 covers the opening battles of the American Civil War. The game covers both the small and large actions of that momentous year, starting with the battle at 'Big Bethel', on to the comparatively vast engagements at 'Bull Run' and 'Wilson's Creek'.
In 1861 both sides have plenty of volunteer recruits who, though enthusiastic, lack battlefield experience. On the weaponry side much of the equipment still belongs to the Napoleonic Era with a plethora of muzzle loading, smoothbore artillery.
Many of the commanders, who most would identify as the leaders the civil war armies, are still junior officers in the engagements recreated in this game. Command the Union or Confederate forces in these key battles.
Can you change history? Good luck and on to battle!
● 8 Mission Tutorial Campaign
● 3 Mission Opening Shots! Campaign
● 4 Mission Conflaguration! Campaign
● 4 Mission Total Resolve Campaign
● Includes battles based on historic events.
● Play the missions as either Union or Confederate.
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Map Zoom .
● Strategic Movement.
● Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
● Hours of Gameplay!
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexWarGames
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
Fix: Improved memory management.
Fix: Improved hex tile Positioning accuracy.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Fun but Too EASY!
I have played all of the civil war strategy games by HexWar and Cow Hunt Studios. They are all fantastic. The only thing I hate is that stupid low ammo feature. It serves no purpose other than making your troops worthless. Other than that they are all great games. One of them has a multiplayer option which is fun but where is the online mode? plenty of bugs to work out but i wish they introduced a new campaign every week!
Neat little strategy game
A decent little strategy game for those with an interest in history.
The scenarios are decently balanced, the interface is easy to use and the gameplay is straight forward.
This isn’t a huge, heavy title, the scenarios play in half an hour to an hour. Very pick up and play.
The game seems to capture tactics of the time well enough.
The main concerns is that the text is occasionally a bit awkward and the AI seems a bit erratic at times.
In particular, it doesn’t always seem to be able to carry out a prolonged offensive all that well.
I have most of the hex wargames from the app store. this one is OK. Like the historical element. movement speed is good but not the best of the hex wargames. its good.
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 282.5 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.