Civil War: 1862
By Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Civil War: 1862 is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Civil War: 1863, incorporating the detailed strategic gameplay of the original while adding major new features and improvements such as flank attacks and strategic movement. Melee combat has also been given greater emphasis and the range of troop quality has been expanded to include elite units.
The game gives a unique wargaming experience on iPhone and iPad and includes 14 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862, thirteen of which can be played as either side. Five additional campaigns featuring many more historical battles are also available via in-app purchase.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition Civil War Era Graphics.
● 8 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 5 Mission 'Fix Bayonets' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Steel and Thunder' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
● iCloud Saves (also compatible with the Mac version of the game)
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Colossus' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Fresh Troops' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Death and Glory' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Broken Line' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Shot and Shell' campaign comprising a series on non-historical game challenges.
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/civilwar1862
Follow us on Twitter - @HuntedCow
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/hexwar
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2013 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 2.6
Savage’s station mission could sometimes end on turn 16 rather than as intended on turn 18.
The game won't advance past the "Collection" mission on "Shot and Shell" campaign.
Game won't move on
I enjoy the game but for some reason it is stuck on "shot and shell" level 5 (collection). I have completed all the objectives several times but it will not let me move on. It says hold the control point till turn 11 and destroy enemy wagon which I have done but that is it. I have hit the refresh button till turn 50 and still it won't let me win or continue to next level.
Not bad - could be better if...
1. In campaign mode, you could progress to the next battle even if you lose the current one. It would be cool to see more realistic campaign results based on battles won AND lost. Having to win every battle is pretty artificial.
2. Movement is unnecessarily cumbersome, as units cannot move through each other. This gums up the battlefield as well as game play, and is not particularly realistic.
3. Would love to see a strategic map for a campaign overview.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 25, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 185 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- © 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Colossus Campaign$1.99
- Fresh Troops Campaign$1.99
- Death and Glory Campaign$1.99
- Shot and Shell Campaign$1.99
- Broken Line Campaign$1.99