Civil War: 1863
By Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Relive iconic battles of the American Civil War. Take command of both the Union and Confederate forces in this exciting turn-based strategy game from the developers behind the international top-selling Tank Battle: 1944 and Ancient Battle: Rome.
New features for version 2.0 include iCloud save support, combat analysis, strategic movement, map zoom and combat improvements.
● 8 Mission 'First Strike' Campaign.
● 5 Mission 'To Arms!' Campaign.
● 6 Mission 'Stalemate' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Hoorah!' Campaign.
● Includes battles based on historic events.
● Play the missions as either Union or Confederate.
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Map Zoom .
● Strategic Movement.
● Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
● iCloud Saves (also compatible with the OSX version of the game).
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
● High Definition graphics (including retina for the new iPad).
● 5 Pass & Play two player scenarios.
● Hours of Gameplay!
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Rebel Yell' Campaign + 5 bonus multiplayer missions.
● 8 Mission 'Victory Road' Campaign + 5 bonus multiplayer missions.
● 8 Mission 'Last Stand' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Grand Command' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Leviathan' Campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Arsenal' Campaign.
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/huntedcow
Follow us on Twitter - @HuntedCow
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/hexwar
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2014 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 2.7
Fixes issues for compatibility with iOS 9.
In app purchase after paying for the app
This is ridiculous to pay $8.00 then play 4 or 5 levels then it wants to charge $1.99 for each 1 of the remaining levels. There's like 5 or 6 more thats another 10 to 12 dollars. That is a joke!!! If the graphic of the game was better it still would NOT be worth $20 to play a game on a handheld device. Which it is 2016 not 1993 where is the graphics & action. This is a Civil War game you need to do it justice.
Better than expected and thoroughly fun for an old war gamer like me. Good job guys. The only bug I had with 1863 and the latest 1864 edition was the sound effects stopped working completely. Oh well, everything else was very well done. Would like to see units morale ratings affected and rally added to future games.
The only thing that would make these games better is a larger campaign. Something that allows you to move around the united states with larger army so you can pick your battlefield and make maneuvers on a larger scale. Then play in the small scale battles. Similar to Rome total war or some old school civil war games
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 171 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- © 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rebel Yell Campaign$1.99
- Victory Road Campaign$1.99
- Last Stand Campaign$1.99
- Grand Command Campaign$1.99
- Leviathan Campaign$1.99
- Arsenal Campaign$1.99