Civil War: 1862
By Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Civil War: 1862 is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Civil War: 1863, incorporating the detailed strategic gameplay of the original while adding major new features and improvements such as flank attacks and strategic movement. Melee combat has also been given greater emphasis and the range of troop quality has been expanded to include elite units.
The game gives a unique wargaming experience on iPhone and iPad and includes 14 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862, thirteen of which can be played as either side. Five additional campaigns featuring many more historical battles are also available via in-app purchase.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition Civil War Era Graphics.
● 8 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 5 Mission 'Fix Bayonets' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Steel and Thunder' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
● iCloud Saves (also compatible with the Mac version of the game)
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Colossus' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Fresh Troops' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Death and Glory' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Broken Line' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Shot and Shell' campaign comprising a series on non-historical game challenges.
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/civilwar1862
Follow us on Twitter - @HuntedCow
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/hexwar
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2013 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 1.6
- Fixed issue that caused crash upon startup for some users.
- Added new hill texture
Not enough missions off the bat. It only takes roughly 2 hours to get through them and then you need to buy more. It also doesn't feel much different than the first game 1863. I expected much much more both I the game play, graphics and initial missions. I paid more for this version than I did the first one and got so much less.
This is for true military strategy gamers, just like the old tabletop board games. Realistic military action using your own strategies.
Civil war 1862
Not enough missions and buggy when I play the confederate side. It won't let me "resume game". I always have to start over with the first mission.
A disappointment since I own all the ww2 tank games and really like them
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 01, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 164 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- © 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Colossus Campaign$0.99
- Death and Glory Campaign$0.99
- Shot and Shell Campaign$0.99
- Fresh Troops Campaign$0.99
- Broken Line Campaign$0.99