Civilization Revolution 2
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NOTE: Compatible with iPhone 4S+, iPad 2+, iPad mini 1+, and iPod touch 5 - WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES***
The sequel to one of the most successful strategy games on mobile is here! Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 challenges players to build a glorious empire that will stand the test of time. This is the first game in the Civilization catalog to be developed and available exclusively for mobile devices. Civilization Revolution 2 offers mobile strategy fans a brand new 3D presentation and more tactical depth than ever before! Find out if you have what it takes to rule the world!
- New Units – strengthen your military might with brand new combat units including Aircraft Carriers, Jet Fighters and Special Forces.
- New Technology – race to science supremacy with new technology such as: Lasers, Modern Medicine and Information Technology
- New Buildings & Wonders – grow and expand your civilization like never before with new buildings and wonders including Nuclear Power Plant, The Red Cross and Silicon Valley
- Enhanced 3D Graphics – updated 3D graphics taking full advantage of iOS devices graphical capability
- Scenario Challenges - reenact historic events and battles in the Scenario Mode
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/civ
Follow us on Twitter: @civgame
What's New in Version 1.4.5
Minor bug fixes
I love this game, because it's so similar to the Civ Rev I played on Xbox. However this game is seriously lacking in a lot of ways, & to help get rid of some repetition.. add
-Ability to rename cities, and also edit the names of mountains, rivers, etc.
-When there's an "Apocalypse" and "Beta Centauri" scenario, the appearance should change, shouldn't it...?
-I would absolutely love to be able to put a cap on technologies, as in I couldn't research past Irrigation or something of that sort.
-The maps seem really really small... I think we can afford to have a larger map...
-I think the combat system is a little irritating. Here's why... one extremely advanced unti can conquer the entire world for you. If I have a tank army, & my enemies are still stuck with Rifleman, I can obliterate them, because no matter how many of them there are, there's nothing for them to pick off. No health meter or anything. I think even warriors should be able kill tanks if there are enough of them...
-Unique advisors for each civilization would be cool.
you should be able to choose how many civilizations are on a map (with a limit of course).
-Barbarians even on aggressive & common have never once attacked my cities or units...
anyways.. yeah, just some things I'd love to see incorporated.
Good but plenty of room for improvement.
For a tablet version of Civ, this is moderately entertaining and certainly playable. However, as many have noted, the game play is simple and becomes redundant, with some basic features of a desktop Civ game noticeably absent that seemingly could have been adapted. There is no feature to have units explore, it is difficult to move units onto transport aircrafts, and there is no "skip turn" feature for units that I can locate. Also, with a very limited number of units, it is insane that there is such little disparity between say a "warrior" or an "archer" and a modern unit like a stealth bomber. It's just flawed in that the reward for acquiring advanced units is so minimal. Finally, I HATE that there is only one ICBM in the entire game. Domination victory is my personal favorite way to win, and the game is deeply flawed in allowing for that.
Great game... That disappoints.
It's an amazing game, hands down, but it really is just the same as the first Civilization Revolution. It lacks the experience to keep you hooked and is simply repetitive in nature. Put simply, it's a game that'll be great for when you have nothing else to play, (Or do.) I'm not one to criticize something without good reason and a suggestion as to how it could made better/fixed.
So how could we fix this?
1. A simple multiplayer matchmaking system utilized through Game Center would add a sense of excitement from playing against an unpredictable opponent.
2. Let's get serious, iOS 8.0 allows for some impressive game mechanics, let's make the game's gameplay more complex.
3. Simple things such as being able to rename your city, nation, and ruler can add a sense of ownership and fun to the game.
4. Can we PLEASE for the sake of god get these barbs fixed. They're WAY to docile, let's get some aggression going.
5. Bigger maps...? 😞
6. More Civilizations, (Civilization Revolution 3?)
7. Slow the pacing of the game, longer to research and such, games are too fast for an already rapidly-boring game.
8. Can we have some more control/in-depth involvement with our cities?
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 19, 2015
- Version: 1.4.5
- Size: 439 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: 2K, INC.
- © (C) 2005-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.