Civilization Revolution 2
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NOTE: Compatible with iPhone 4S+, iPad 2+, iPad mini 1+, and iPod touch 5 - WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES***
The sequel to one of the most successful strategy games on mobile is here! Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 challenges players to build a glorious empire that will stand the test of time. This is the first game in the Civilization catalog to be developed and available exclusively for mobile devices. Civilization Revolution 2 offers mobile strategy fans a brand new 3D presentation and more tactical depth than ever before! Find out if you have what it takes to rule the world!
- New Units – strengthen your military might with brand new combat units including Aircraft Carriers, Jet Fighters and Special Forces.
- New Technology – race to science supremacy with new technology such as: Lasers, Modern Medicine and Information Technology
- New Buildings & Wonders – grow and expand your civilization like never before with new buildings and wonders including Nuclear Power Plant, The Red Cross and Silicon Valley
- Enhanced 3D Graphics – updated 3D graphics taking full advantage of iOS devices graphical capability
- Scenario Challenges - reenact historic events and battles in the Scenario Mode
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/civ
Follow us on Twitter: @civgame
What's New in Version 1.5.3
Minor bug fixes
Great handheld version of civ
1) Less complex than PC versions of Civ, but perfect for handheld device.
2) Allows for quicker (still multiple hours in most cases) games. This game is still far more complex and interesting than most handheld games
3) most complaints about bugs can be solved by learning the controls and the "flow" of each turn. The game presents you with things to do on each turn in a certain order; if you fight the game you will become frustrated, instead go with the natural flow of the game. Also learn all controls, touching or holding in the right place allows you to do the things you want or find the information you need. All the information and controls are there, you must learn how to play the game in order to fully utilize everything.
4) Wish there was Hot-Seat two player for trips and such on ipad
some suggested fixes
I used to love this game however some additions to this game have broken it since the last time I played it, please bring back the north and south poles removing them makes the whole seeable map playable but allows the AI to play the part of the map you can't see (right now I'm playing a map were the computer put a city of mine on the edge and I suspect there's a city on the lower edge of the continent that I cannot see or invade basically making the game unwinnable) please also get rid Of the 100% defense bonus in your own city it's nice if you're defending but it breaks the game because you cannot attack it just ends up being an hour long siege for every city you pretty much need artillery with a general and naval bombardment to even have a chance and even still it's a risk
Poor game controls
I find this game so frustrating in the game play and combat resolution
1. If you select a multiple turn move, you can't stop the unit and redirect. This is an issue if an enemy unit pops up into view after you give move,went commands. At least let me redirect between turns, but if you click on the unit to redirect, it moves along its preprogrammed path.
2. I was laying siege to the Chinese so had a battle ship off their capital city. They asked for peace which I gave and then found my battleship stuck, because under peace it can't pass through their waters, poor programming and travel rules
3 (this is a biggie) In Combat, some units are completely too powerful and others are not enough. For example, I researched advanced flight and brought bombers in (which are B17 graphics from US high altitude bombing in WWII) and they were shot down by archers!! Archers. Let's be clear Mr Meier, but when archers from the 1600s are shooting down bombers at 15,0000 feet altitude, you need to put down the crack pipe. I also had pikemen destroy my tanks and riflemen sink my battleship. Really? Stupid, stupid, stupid combat rules.
4. If you research the Manhattan project you get a nuclear missile. One and only one. It also doesn't work so well, leaving all sorts of enemy units alive.
All said, this game is NOT worth $10. Let it be.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 443 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean
- Seller: 2K, INC.
- © (C) 2005-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.