Civilization V: Campaign Edition
By Aspyr Media, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
• Purchase additional content located within your game launcher, like the award winning Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World expansion pack!•
Civilization V: Campaign Edition brings all the features and functionality of the single-player campaign to the Mac App Store. Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history’s greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
Civilization V: Campaign Edition includes the following downloadable content for free. Babylon Civilization Pack, and their ruler Nebuchadnezzar II, as well as the Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack.
• SPECIAL INFORMATION ABOUT CIVILIZATION V: CAMPAIGN EDITION •
• Integrated video chipsets are not supported GMA 950: Mac Mini(2006,2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006,2007) GMA X3100: Macbook(2007,2008), MacBook Air(2008) Intel HD Graphics 3000
• In-App purchases require OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), or 10.9 (Mavericks)
• Civilization V Campaign Edition does not utilize Steam for encryption and will not work with Steam Civilization V DLC.
In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 2.4 GHz CPU Speed | 2 GB RAM | 6.0 GB free disk space | (ATI): Radeon 2600; (NVidia): GeForce 8600 | 256 MB VRam
• Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 8800, 9600, GT 120, 320M, 330M, 640M, 650M, 660M, 675MX, 680MX, 750M, 755M, 775M, 780MX
ATI Radeon HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6750 Intel HD Graphics 4000, 5000, and Iris chipsets
Recommended System Requirements: CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz | Memory: 4 GB or higher | Video RAM: 512 MB
• NOTICE: Mac to Mac LAN Multiplayer ONLY at this time.
• NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as MacOS extended (Case Sensitive)
If you encounter any problems playing the game, please visit support.aspyr.com and submit a ticket. This helps us improve products and resolve issues, and we want to help. ________________________________________________________
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW! Get the latest Aspyr news, get insider information, deals and more…
SURF US: http://aspyr.com
LIKE US: http://facebook.com/aspyrmedia
FOLLOW US: http://twitter.com/aspyrmedia
Thank you for playing Civilization V: Campaign Edition from Aspyr!
1991-2014 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Sid Meier’s Civilization V, Civ, Civilization, 2K Games, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two interactive Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.3.5
• Conquest of the New World Deluxe content now available for FREE for users that own the Brave New World expansion.
Intelligent, Creative, Replayable Game
I can’t speak to the expansions but the starter “campaign” edition runs smoothly all the way through to the memory processing hungry, graphics demanding end-game. Using a MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM, 2.3GHz quad core processor, and 2GB NVIDIA graphics card here. Look folks, this game has to be the most replayable game I have ever run across. Its the game that you will always come back to over the life of the computer you download it to. As you play you are reminded of our own civilization’s history as you (or the AI) build wonders of the world, build new units, choose social policies, and interact with leaders of civilizations that actually exist or existed in our real-world past.
Clearly well worth the money for the campaign edition and that’s the heart of the game. A little pricey for the Gods & Kings and Brave New World stuff since those alterations only tweak the game (nicely, as I understand it) and build on the real foundation which is the original download.
OK, i’m an avid Civilization fan. I’ve been telling my wife JOMT for about 15 years. Now she sees me on the game and just says “yeah, whatever. Goodnight. On occasions she also tells me good morning too. Sure I’m not the only one ;-)…
Civ 5 is the best in the series (Though Civ 3 was pretty awesome, especially with the Armies). I would rate this a straight 5/5 except that the game dies regularly.
I bought my brand new MBP last year, and bought Civ 5 as soon as I got home. They still haven’t managed to make this stable. I really don’t care what the excuse is, building a game that cannot be run on a brand new MBP says something about the design. Not acceptable. Maybe others disagree, but this is just crazy.
Yes, I’ve figured out a how to work around it by saving every couple of turns, or later in the game, with every turn, but this is just silly. If Civ ever decides to create another version, I hope they manage to build it stable.
Still love the game!
My Favorite Game
I bought this game about a year ago now and I’ve had so many fun experiences with it. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro and it runs really well (for those who say it doesn’t work) the only thing I would say is that it really heats up ones computer after a few hours of playing. The game runs really well, even when I play on a huge map with twelve people and 24 city-states.
My only unhappiness comes from the price at which the expansion packs are at, if only they were cheaper!!! Other than that I really would recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a strategic game to play for hours. The first day I got it, I played all night, finishing at seven in the morning. It’s extremely addicting! A must buy!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 04, 2014
- Version: 1.3.5
- Size: 5.38 GB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Aspyr Media (iDP)
- © 1991-2014 Take-Two Interactive Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Gods and Kings$29.99
- Brave New World$29.99
- Civilization and Scenario Pack : Denmark - The Vikings$4.99
- Explorer’s Map Pack$4.99
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca$6.99
- Cradle of Civilization Map Pack: Bundle$4.99
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea$4.99
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia$4.99
- Scrambled Continents$4.99
- Scrambled Nations$4.99