This app is a lite version of the EyeDock app.
The CL Calcs app includes these features:
- Vertexing calculator to convert from a spectacle Rx to the corneal plane. Accepts and returns results in plus or minus cyl. Also allows for different vertex distances.
- Vertexing tables
- Oblique cross cylinder calculator for calculating new toric lenses based on len rotation and overrefractions.
- Keratometry conversion calculator. (mm to diopters and vice versa). Allows for a wide range of curvatures so even flat post-surgical and steep ectasia corneas can be converted.
- Keratometry conversion tables
- Contact lens design, including: spherical and toric soft lenses as well as spherical, bitoric, front toric, and back toric RGPs.
- Contact lens design advice makes suggestions and gives pros/cons of different lens options (bitoric vs back toric, etc).
For all calculators a custom onscreen keypad with only the needed numbers and symbols (eg "x", "/", "@") makes entering refractions, CL powers, and keratometry values very fast - much faster than the standard keyboards or "spinners".
You might instead consider the EyeDock app, which includes all the above features as well as searchable contact lens and topical ophthalmic pharmaceutical databases.
Just a couple bug fixes and changes to ensure compatibility with new versions of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I needed
The easiest to use cross-cyl contact lens calculator app I have found. Does the job you need it to do, and fast. Use it all the time. Thanks for making my life easier and helping me to help my patients.
Great tool especially for RGP calculations. I don't see many RGPs on a consistent basis so I am rusty on the calculations. This will definitely help me. The diagrams are clear and concise. Overall, it's easy to use. Great App!
Good app, especially for those whose office don't have any Cl reference materials like a TQ. But especially useful for initial start on designing an rgp lens. Would love to see enhancement of adding the hybrid lens designs like the synergeyes A, or Duette Lens
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.