Class Monster Pro is for anyone who has attempted to keep the noise levels under control of a group of youngsters.
This is a fun app that children enjoy and respond to. It's a real boon to any adult who needs to control the levels of noise of a group of children.
The app displays graphically the background noise level in a room in a fun and engaging way. As the noise levels get too high, as determined by the adult in charge, the Monster (there are 4 to choose from in the Pro version) gets upset and, if the levels of noise stay unacceptable high, the monster starts crying (There are 5 different "Monster Crying sound effects to choose from).
On occasions, it may well be that a higher level of background noise is acceptable, depending on the activity the children are engaged in. In this case the responsible adult can adjust the sensitivity of the app so that a higher level of noise is required before the monster gets "upset" and starts crying. There is also a "Damper" setting that helps the user control the movement of the volume indicator.
As well as the "Sensitivity" and "Damper" settings the user can also manually set the "Warning" and "Alarm" levels manually. This gives the user total control over how the app responds to noise levels.
If the children reach the target "10 Hearts" by controlling there noise levels for a user selected time period (between 10 minutes and 2.5 hours (150 minutes)) the user can now determine there "reward" by entering there own text e.g. "WELL DONE CLASS you have now won 10 minutes extra story time at the end of the day". This is displayed in a "Congratulations" animation upon the Award of the 10th Heart Award.
The Pro version of Class Monster includes many extra features not included in the Free "Lite" version of the App. These are listed below:
1) There are six Monsters to select from (with more to come)
2) There are five different "Monster Crying" sound effects to choose from. You can even record your own!
3) The app can be run in "quiet mode" with all the Audio features turned off
4) There is a screen cracking effect can be turned on and off for when the Monster starts crying.
5) A "Heart Award" can be allocated when an acceptable level of noise has been maintained for a set period of time (configurable from 1 to 15 minutes). The Heart awards are displayed as they are awarded. When ten heart awards have been awarded a "Super Heart" award is displayed.
6) Heart awards can be manually added, removed or reset by the adult in the settings screen.
7) The adult can also set the app to remove a gained "Heart Award" every time the "monster cries"
8) The "Heart Awards" can be switched on or off as required.
9) Information on how well (or badly) a particular group of children have controlled there noise levels can be emailed out from the app.
10) You can set the length of time the monster cries for from 2 to 13 seconds.
11) There is a Help page available from inside the app and the developers can be emailed directly from inside the app with any issues or suggestions for new features or improvements.
12) The App can be paused giving the adult the opportunity to speak with the children before it is restarted from where it left off.
Before you write a bad review, please contact us via the email button in the app for solutions to problems, or to submit feature requests. We can't fix what we don't know about, and writing a bad review is not the way to report a bug! We cannot reply to negative reviews to help, so please give us a chance to respond.
We have added the ability for the user to determine exactly the volume level at which the "warning" and "alarm" trigger points are set. When combined with the "Sensitivity" and "Damper" settings this now gives the user total control over the app.
When 10 "Heart Awards" are achieved by the Class the teacher can now determine the "Reward" the Class get by typing this in themselves. e.g. "WELL DONE CLASS you have now won 10 minutes extra story time at the end of the day"
We have added 2 New monsters to chose from.
We have updated the "Share" Function, where teachers can email a "Congratulations" Graphic and message to parents or anyone they wish.
Thanks for all the feed back please keep it coming.....it really does help us improve the app for all our users.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great. My kids love it and our dinners are so much quieter since they get to earn hearts. Thanks
The sensitivity rating doesn't work. Even on "silent" my children had to scream to make the alarm go off. I have emailed the company & they have not responded.
It won't open to run.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.