40% of American kids are one or more Grades behind class with their math skills, while some kids are ahead of class. So how can teachers find the time to set up assignments that are personalized for each child? And do this every day of the school year? How do teachers keep assignments engaging so kids are actually excited to do them 200 times a year?
ClassHero is the 1st app designed for teachers to help them do math assignments the right way: teacher-personalized and engaging for every child, every day of the year.
ClassHero combines a full curriculum for Pre-School through Grade 4 with research-backed strategies that make personalizing assignments simple for teachers and engaging for kids:
• Personalize, Personalize, Personalize: Partner with the ClassHero app to personalize assignments for each child: those struggling or ahead of class. The app adapts to each child, offering foundational skills for struggling kids - and providing teachers instant, actionable recommendations.
• Badges that work wonders!: ClassHero combines these assignments with collectible Badges that kids can earn for meeting practice goals. Win over reluctant learners (>50% increase in practice times). See Engagement with your assignments soar like never before (>20% on average)!
• Timeboxed assignments: Keeping assignments time-bound is key. "10-15 mins of math" is all is takes as long as practice is regular and personalized.
• Offer timely Khan Academy videos to kids struggling with assigned skills.
VERIFIED as EFFECTIVE in CLASSROOMS:
• ”At a 90% confidence level, students who participated in the pilot had greater academic gains in math than students who did not." - SW WA STEM Network
* REVIEWS from TEACHERS*
• “Engagement went though the roof!”
• “My most favorite thing is the freedom to have kids working at all different skill levels.”
• “I can switch it to what I want the kids to work on and I can personalize it for the quicker learners and for slow learners."
* CURRICULUM *
Teacher designed curriculum with 100s of thousands of quizzes for K-5 and pre-school math.
* SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS *
• Classroom downloads and use of the app are FREE of charge.
• Home/ parent downloads and use of this app are FREE of charge
• Teachers must have a ClassHero Portal account and subscription through their school or via trial promotions.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Effective Math app
Math is such a hard subject to begin with, but this app helps to make it appealing. The skills cover much more than what my daughter is getting at school, which is nice. We had the goals starting at 10 minutes a day which seemed to take longer than that in the beginning, but over a week she seems to have adjusted to cover the quizzes in about 10 minutes which is encouraging. 22 days of math covered. 1 reward done and another one more is coming!
Great way to get a habit going
What a great idea! Certainly more effective than all the 'fun' math apps we've tried. A lot of math apps are fan but that doesn't mean the kids will use them day after day. The settings offer a lot of flexibility and the custom reward feature means you can add pretty much anything you want in there. We haven't been through all the math skills but everything we've tried so far is good and the kids get fluent within a couple of sessions.
Works! Works! Works!
Far more effective than my own system of brownie-points! Made my day when my daughter went through 1400 odd math questions in less than 10 days to earn a little Disney mike. The math curriculum is quite extensive and stands out on its own even without the rewards which makes it unique and well, rewarding. They've tried to make the quizzes fun and using lots of cartoon elements and variety.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.