By Farid Ahmad
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The classic game of Snake !
Eat the dots and grow, but don't run into yourself.
A great way to relax and tune-out from your day for a quick break. Simple controls and clutter free interface.
- Play on a choice of backgrounds (Press 'B' or click on 'BACK' button to cycle thru choices)
- Use the cursor keys to play (or use WASD keys if you prefer, choose from Settings)
- Multiple skins - change how the snake looks
- 4 boards: Open, Walls, Walls with holes, Maze
- Play at one of 3 speeds. Slow for a relaxing game, or Fast for an adrenaline rush!
- Decide how many pieces of food appear in the game: ONE or 5 or even 10 !
- Handy pause feature (spacebar)
- Supports full screen for distraction-free playing
What's New in Version 2.3
Added option to have "Steering" type controls as requested by some users.
With "steering" control you only use the left and right arrow keys to turn the snake left or right whichever direction it is moving in. (As if you are sitting on the snake and "steering" it.
Choose this from Main Menu>Settings>Control
'P' keyboard shortcut is back - to start playing new game quickly from game over screen
When I mentioned to the Developer that I hoped this app could have a new type of controls, that being “steering”, he responded immediately and added that capability. WOW! This is really well-done. The motion is fluid and the steering is flawless. So, not only is the app terrific, but so is the Developer.
This is a really good game. The only thing that would make it better would be if you could start a new game with a snake that’s already long because in the beginning it’s always really boring.
Love this game and the developer actually reads the reviews and fixes the problems. Just one suggestion, could you put a fullscreen mode please?
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 20, 2014
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Farid Ahmad
- © Farid Ahmad
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor