Learn to play four of Bach's most popular pieces arranged for the guitar. It includes three 20-minute instruction videos.
More than just basic classical guitar instruction, this app provides a celebration of Bach’s life with the help from the Bach Museum in Leipzig, Germany. It opens with a music box effect and allows you to enjoy an interactive look at the history of Bach’s life and his contributions to music while you enjoy listening to the guitar pieces you will later learn.
Go to the app website to hear samples of the music: http://g-menproductions.com.
The included guitar instruction is a visual guide to playing four of Bach’s most popular pieces:
* Bourrée in E Minor
* Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
* Air on the G String
* Minuet in G
The app includes three 20-minute instruction videos by Danny Gill, featuring both the right and left hand positions. Mr. Gill was a teacher at the Music Institute of Hollywood for 13 years and is the author of more than 30 guitar education books/DVDs.
This app is sure to be enjoyed by classical music and guitar enthusiasts alike.
• Standard notation and tablature, with animation, shows you what to play and when to play it
• Note-by-note video instruction for three of the pieces (all but “Air on the G String”)
• Slow down each piece, without changing its pitch, to 3/4 or 1/2 speed to help you learn it
• Pick start/stop loop points to continuously repeat any portion of the piece, at regular speed or slowed-down
• Share your progress on social media, message, or email
• Continuously scrolling background with tap-to-learn facts about the life of Bach
• Everything is included; no Wi-Fi streaming is required
This app was produced by Hal Leonard Corporation, the world's largest music print publisher, and by G-Men Productions.
Increased reliability and efficiency.
Ratings and Reviews
Not working on 10.3.2 but hoping.
This is an excellent app for learning some standard beginner pieces. Very good interface with music, tab, and even video. The developer is very communicative and informative.
Amazing app. I am a beginner and it has everything I could have asked for. My guitar teacher stopped cold and played with the app and it was the best app he had ever seen for guitar as well. You have the music, and tabs for when you get lost, it plays itself and you can slow it down, and it has video for fingering. There are four different songs. This app is worth every penny.
No sound -NOW FIXED
I had reviewed this earlier and said there was no sound. Well the develop promptly responded to my criticism and suggested many ways to tackle this problem. Turns out there's some muting function I had set in my iPad. They were v helpful, and now the Bach guitar is working fine for me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.