ClassicWeather offers clear weather widgets in 3 different sizes and colors. It also provides weather forecast in the dock and menu bar menu.
• Current weather conditions
• Forecast for 7 days
• Forecast for next 12 hours
• Forecast by the hour
• Forecast in text format
• Temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius
• Probability of precipitation
• Rain/snow in mm/inch
• Feels like temperature
• Local time
• Sunrise / sunset
• Current phase of moon
• Multiple cities
• Current location (WiFi needed)
• Weather in menu bar menu and dock menu
• 12-hour or 24-hour time format
• 3 widget designs, 4 sizes
• 2 modes (single window or widget)
• Retina supported
• And more
Additional features with Premium subscription:
• Forecast for at least 10 days
• Forecast for next 24(+) hours (scrollable)
• Wind speed and direction
• Current condition on dock icon and menu bar
• App in dock and/or menu bar
Without upgrade the number of locations is limited to 3.
The optional Premium subscription automatically renews yearly. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Modifications for macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
Ratings and Reviews
Update on "Very Disappointed” Review
The newest update had removed my town in Colorado from the list of locations available but included other nearby locations that are much smaller. Needless to say, I was disappointed. However, a few weeks later I went back to the app and tried successfully to find my Colorado town. So this app is now back to my go-to weather source.
Colorado is available, please retry.
Total piece of cr@p
Used to be a great little app…now they can’t even get the temp right after 4 upgrades. Don’t waste your time.
OK I guess
There is a discrepancy of more than 5°F between what the app says my local temperature is and what my indoor/outdoor thermometer reports (my thermometer says it's warmer). My sensor is located on a wall which faces due north, protected from direct sunlight, and so should be relatively accurate. The temperature on my thermometer agrees much more closely with other weather apps.
Another glitch is that in the preferences, the “Full location name” checkbox is overlaid by the “10 days” checkbox. Makes it pretty hard to select the full location name option.
It’s not perfect but it’s adequate. I haven’t found another weather app for OS X I like better. In IOS I usually use Accuweather.
- Demodit GmbH
- 16.2 MB
- OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Demodit GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.