Classroom turns your iPad into a powerful teaching assistant, helping you guide students through a lesson, see their progress and keep them on track. With Classroom, you can easily launch the same app on every student iPad at the same time or launch a different app for each group of students. Classroom helps teachers focus on teaching, so students can focus on learning.
Assign Shared iPads to students
• Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student iPads
• Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used
• Log students out of Shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class
Start, focus, or pause student work
• Launch any app, website, or book for students with a tap
• Lock into a single app to help students focus
• Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
• Mute audio on student devices
See what your students see with Screen View
• See an overview of all student screens at once
• Focus on a single student screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share documents and links with your class using AirDrop
• Share to your entire class with just one tap
• Students can also share with you
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
• Show the great work your students are doing to the entire class
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student’s screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
• Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organize students using groups
• Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
• Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
• Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Great for use with both 1:1 and Shared iPad student devices
Supports IT-managed classes or teacher-created classes
All actions take place over the local network only
iPad with iOS 12 or later
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on both student and teacher devices
Students within Bluetooth range of the teacher running Classroom
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
We did not agree to this.
I am a student at a school that uses iPads in the classroom, and so they use this too. I completely understand how they would feel the need to use this on students, since iPads can be often misused in educational settings. I personally would never be “off task” in class, and I signed the contract. The contract listed the rules, such as the locking and opening of iPads and viewing of screens. However, what we didn’t agree to was the modification of the iPad apps once class was over. Now, after school, I am prompted with an Allow Notifications window every time I launch a different app, and my folders are now black. I also can’t name the folders. Well, that’s past tense. Recently, when our teacher switched us into a different app while we were still locked, everything was fine. But, when we got back to the Home screen, the whole class had to start organizing all the apps again. All the apps were scattered around, and on my 128GB iPad, I now have to organize for hours. Well, for a stupid glitch that isn’t supposed to happen on a “management app” And then when it happens again, I’ll have to do the same, over and over again. Please fix this. It’s getting so annoying.
Great! Just needs one thing
I teach English to Chinese students over the internet. I am currently on the look for new software to help improve the classes. I stumbled upon this app and I really like it. I've played with it some and it works really well. The remote lock and navigation features are just what I need for my distracted students. There is just one thing missing: This app can only be used over a local network. I need to use it with an iPad on the other side of the world. If this one feature could be added, it would make make my job as a teacher so much easier!
Great but needs a few more features
I think that this app is AMAZING and all teachers that use iPads should be using this app!!
However, I would really like to see the following features in a future update:
1) the ability to navigate to a specific website then lock safari open.
2) The ability to close apps. You currently can lock the screen, but after you unlock the app is still open. I want the ability to force close an app and return to the home screen.
- Apple Inc.
- 18.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.