Clear – Tasks, Reminders & To-Do Lists
By Realmac Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over 2.5 million people de-clutter their lives with Clear, so stop stalling and start organising your daily routine.
Clear is the revolutionary to-do and reminders app that makes you more productive. It’s as easy to use as pen and paper, and once you start organising your life with Clear you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it.
- Simple gesture-based design that allows you to focus on your to-dos.
- Use separate lists to organize every aspect of your life.
- iCloud sync built-in so you can be productive everywhere.
- Set reminders so you’ll never forget important tasks.
- Personalize your Clear lists with themes and make them your own.
- One universal download for iPhone, iPad and now Apple Watch!
- Syncs with Clear for Mac (available separately on the Mac App Store)
Since its launch in January 2012 Clear has won numerous awards and continues to receive critical acclaim. Here’s just some of the nice things that the press have written about Clear:
“Clear’s interface is elegant and clever…” — The New York Times
“Clear is quick, simple, intuitive, and perfect for busy people” — Gizmodo
“If you’re regularly turning to a simple to-do list app… Clear is definitely going to wow you.” — TechCrunch
Clear is built by a small team, dedicated to bringing you frequent free feature updates. We’d love to know how we can make you even more productive, so get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @UseClear.
Clear for iOS and Clear for Mac are not affiliated with or endorsed by CLEAR Wireless.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
Hello, friends! We hope you’re enjoying the most recent version of Clear - whether it’s on your Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch!
New in this update:
- Fixes a problem that caused some dictated reminders to be set on UTC instead of your localised timezone.
- Clear for Apple Watch no longer truncates really long tasks.
- Fixes a truncation problem in Clear’s glance on 38mm Apple Watch.
- We’ve improved the behaviour of the App Icon badge so that it updates when background changes are made to Clear (as if by magic).
- Fixes a problem where Clear’s iCloud sync would silently become deactivated.
Thanks as always for using Clear - we’re hard at work on more features, themes and more - so, stay tuned!
Still work to do.....
First, as already mentioned, the sync is unreliable. Second, the app has had an ongoing issue with data entry in landscape mode on the iPad. The problem is that data entry will allow one letter to be typed and the keyboard will disappear and data entry ends leaving you an incomplete entry. You open the entry to edit and you get to add one more letter and again the keyboard disappears. Speaking of the keyboard in landscape, it's cut off on both the right and left sides. The only "solution" I've found is to completely close the app and reopen it in the regular orientation to regain the entire keyboard then rotate back to landscape where it will work fine until the problem returns and it always does. I've removed and reinstalled clear but cannot get rid of this issue. My frustration with this app is growing. Just about ready to write it of....again....and go back to other more stable alternatives. Love the simplicity, but if these issues can't be corrected nice and for all, there's no reason to continue in wasting time with a buggy app and developer who can't or won't address the problems.
Edit:removed a star as this longstanding keyboard issue remains ignored by developer. I'm about ready to give up on this app once and for all. There are alternatives that, while not as clean and simple, they work.
Very good & certain to improve …
Clear is a very good app as it is now. Once you learn the application, it is superior in so many ways to the standard reminders app.
One of the things I like best about Clear is the Apple Watch implementation. As an example, I keep my shopping list in Clear & it is easy to add items on the fly directly from the watch & once checked as complete, they disappear on the watch. Also, I like to arrange my grocery items in order according to where they are in my usual supermarket. They stay in that order in Clear. (I previously kept my shopping list in Fantastical; but I didn’t find it nearly as convenient; and items always displayed alphabetically on the watch even if I arranged them in a preferred order in Fantastical on the phone or Mac.) This is just one example of why I like Clear; but for me this alone justifies owning this application; and I am sure it will only get better with time.
Beautiful and functional, but missing a few things.
clear is a beautiful, functional, and speedy app. while i don't think it's quite worth five dollars, i don't regret my purchase. i tried so many other to do list apps, and could not find any that would work for me.
one of the nicest things about clear is the use of gestures. it takes about 5 minutes to get the hang of it, and after that, it's truly wonderful.
clear is also compact. a lot of other to do list apps that i tried were very bulky, took up too much space on my screen, or simply had a lot of extra pages to get through. clear cuts to the chase. everything that is there needs to be there. there's no fluff, and yet it's still very aesthetically pleasing.
that's not to say that clear is perfect. it does have it's flaws, and there are some key features that are missing:
• the ability to move tasks between lists.
• the ability to create subtasks. this isn't a highly important feature to me, but it would be nice.
• the ability to have recurring tasks. this is the biggest issue for me. in fact, it's the only reason i still have to use the apple reminders app for some things. you can schedule things, but you can't have them reoccur every week, bi-weekly, every month, etc.
other than these things, i love clear. it helps me stay organized, and it helps me de-clutter my brain.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Realmac Software Limited
- © 2015 Realmac Software Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8-Bit Sound Pack$1.99
- Bonus Sound PackFree
- Sci-Fi Sound Pack$1.99