Clear – Tasks, Reminders & To-Do Lists
By Realmac Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over 2.5 million people de-clutter their lives with Clear, so stop stalling and start organising your daily routine.
Clear is the revolutionary to-do and reminders app that makes you more productive. It’s as easy to use as pen and paper, and once you start organising your life with Clear you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it.
- Simple gesture-based design that allows you to focus on your to-dos.
- Use separate lists to organize every aspect of your life.
- iCloud sync built-in so you can be productive everywhere.
- Set reminders so you’ll never forget important tasks.
- Personalize your Clear lists with themes and make them your own.
- One universal download for iPhone, iPad and now Apple Watch!
- Syncs with Clear for Mac (available separately on the Mac App Store)
Since its launch in January 2012 Clear has won numerous awards and continues to receive critical acclaim. Here’s just some of the nice things that the press have written about Clear:
“Clear’s interface is elegant and clever…” — The New York Times
“Clear is quick, simple, intuitive, and perfect for busy people” — Gizmodo
“If you’re regularly turning to a simple to-do list app… Clear is definitely going to wow you.” — TechCrunch
Clear is built by a small team, dedicated to bringing you frequent free feature updates. We’d love to know how we can make you even more productive, so get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @UseClear.
Clear for iOS and Clear for Mac are not affiliated with or endorsed by CLEAR Wireless.
What's New in Version 1.7
Say hello to the biggest update to Clear, well, ever! We’ve packed this update with three huge new features - including Clear for Apple Watch.
◆ Clear for Apple Watch
Clear for Apple Watch is the newest member of the Clear family. We’ve brought your favorite to-do and reminders app to Apple Watch, allowing you to complete existing tasks from your wrist, and create tasks and reminders via dictation! Just ask Clear to “Remind me to take the cat for a walk tomorrow morning” and we’ll make sure you get reminded (if you’re not a cat person, it’s OK - you can set any other reminders). There’s also a Glance, to show your next upcoming Reminder.
#protip: Tap the heatmap to complete a task, and use Force Touch to add new ones!
◆◆ Even if you’re not getting an Apple Watch, you’ll love this update too. ◆◆
◆ Interactive Notifications
We’ve added interactive notifications to reminders - you can complete a task by simply swiping-down on a notification and choosing “Complete”, or snooze the reminder for 15 minutes. It even works (as if by magic) on your device’s lock screen.
There’s also all-new Handoff support in every version of Clear (Watch, iPhone, iPad, Mac - we’ve been busy) so you can carry on working as you switch between your favorite devices. You can use Handoff via the Lock Screen and App Switcher on iOS, as well as the Dock and App Switcher (Cmd + Tab) on your Mac. Handoff is even supported in Clear for Apple Watch’s Glance, allowing you to quickly dive into your next upcoming reminder on your iPhone!
◆ A New Theme, and The Return of a Favorite!
Oh boy. We were going to keep theme details secret, but we’ve spilt the beans now. There’s a brand-new “Edition” theme to unlock, and we’ve made sure you can still unlock the “Vanilla” theme too.
We hope you love this huge free update to Clear, and send us your feedback. If you do <3 this update please consider taking the time to write a review on the App Store - and be sure to tell your friends about Clear for Apple Watch. Thanks for using Clear. xxx
Apple Watch issues
Clear locks up on Apple Watch. Not usable. I know there was a rush to get this out but please fix. I am looking forward to it.
I had been waiting for this for a long time. I saw the preview and could hardly wait. I currently have all of the list and reminder apps worth downloading. Others seem to be neat and some quite powerful but when it comes to actually using them I found myself floating between Apples new reminders and notes. I needed a app that was "EXTREMELY" quick or easy to use or I just wouldn't use it. The other apps were too involved but may be a necessity for others. The developer was thinking of ease of use and quick entry and this just rocks it. I absolutely love this app and hope little changes. When I enter items I feel like a conductor waiving my wand and taking control of my thoughts. It is kind of sticky notes posted all over my forehead :-) if you need to add times, dates, tags etc... Look elsewhere. If you want to simply put a list of thoughts, ideas or make a simple list, these guys have you guys covered. I would probably have paid $20 or more for this. The only thing I would add is to not limit the text to a single line or space. Maybe let it scroll or something? Thank you developers very much!!!!
Good app…could be great...
I've been looking for a year for a simple to-do app like Clear, and I like the experience thus far, but I would LOVE it if I could do these things:
1) change the colors of each list. Having everything in one color scheme is, well, boring, and I'd like my immediate to-do list to be the only thing in red (a color, to me, that means super-important-stop-everything-and-do-it-now) and my other less important lists to be in colors that mean something to me and help me differentiate.
2) I turned on edge swiping to get through my lists faster...however, you must be at the 'literal' edge for this to work. I understand that, BUT, I tend to swipe a little too off the edge and end up deleting a task (when swiping right to left) in the list I was on, leading me to desire an UNDO prompt for deleting. When I inadvertently swipe away a task I have the "oh crap, what did I just delete" moment and have to think and re-enter the task.
3) I'd love the option to move a task from one list to another. When something gets ramped up in importance and I have to move it to the urgent list, it would be great to maybe press and hold and have the option to "move to another list". As it stands, I have to copy/cut and then paste in a new list, which works, but not as slick as the able to press, hold and move.
I do love the simplicity and the ability to move tasks within a list. I also like the notifications and reminders. It's a good app overall.
Sync is super unreliable
Love hate relationship with Clear. Be forewarned, if sync is important to you, this app is terribly unreliable -- like, really really terrible. It may ultimately be Apple's fault, I don't know, I don't care. I have other apps that have no problems using iCloud to syncing between my phone, iPad and Mac, like 1Password. Clear always has problems, and recovering from them is sometimes easy but often very difficult. There are hidden advanced options on the iPhone and Mac , but oddly not the iPad, to force resync, which sometimes work and sometimes don't. Sync, when it works, is nice, but it only works for like a day, so almost every interaction I have with this stupid app is to force resync, which often requires rebooting multiple devices! These guys are clowns. They seem like nice clowns, but they really need to get their act together.
If you read the other reviews throughout the history of of this app, you'll notice almost all of the negative reviews are about sync issues. Clearly none of the 5 star reviews are from people with multiple devices. The issues are so bad, it's basically fraud that they even advertise sync.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Realmac Software Limited
- © 2015 Realmac Software Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8-Bit Sound Pack$1.99
- Bonus Sound PackFree
- Sci-Fi Sound Pack$1.99