Clear – Tasks, Reminders & To-Do Lists
By Realmac Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Over 2.5 million people de-clutter their lives with Clear, so stop stalling and start organizing your daily routine.
Clear is the revolutionary to-do and reminders app that makes you more productive. Just start typing to add to-dos, and once you start organizing your life with Clear you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it.
- Simple gestural design that allows you to focus on your to-dos. Designed for the Magic Trackpad, but works great with a mouse too!
- Full keyboard navigation. Just start typing to create to-dos.
- Use separate lists to organize every aspect of your life.
- iCloud sync built-in so you can be productive everywhere.
- Set reminders so you’ll never forget important tasks.
- Personalize your Clear lists with themes and make them your own.
- Syncs with Clear for iOS (available separately on the App Store).
Clear is built by a small team, dedicated to bringing you frequent free feature updates. We’d love to know how we can make you even more productive, so get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @UseClear.
Clear for Mac and Clear for iOS are not affiliated with or endorsed by CLEAR Wireless.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Thanks for using Clear! Just two small enhancements in today’s update:
- We’ve tweaked (increased) the delay before “Click to Clear” appears.
- We’ve ensured compatibility with OS X El Capitan.
Stay productive, and follow @realmacsoftware on Twitter for the latest news!
Great app on iOS, but Mac app’s iCloud sync broken
Great use of gestures on iPhone/iPad for a really simple experience, I highly recommend if you’re using it on the go.
I can’t really recommend the Mac app version for now though. I just paid $10 for the Mac app so I could view my lists on desktop, and despite double checking all of my iCloud settings and following their troubleshooting guidelines (even the weird hidden ‘debug’ option to refresh iCloud) the Mac app is certainly not syncing with my other devices. Would love to change my review if this is resolved.
Otherwise the Mac app is alright but could use some refinement in the UX of the product. It kind of feels like an afterthought as "Pinch vertically” and “Swipe” are still in the preset tutorial list, and make no sense on desktop. I was also kind of disappointed that the iPad UI wasn’t carried over to the desktop app since it was really nicely done. Breaking out the UI to see your master lists while looking at individual ones is nice, and seems way better than hiding the navigation in a top-right menu icon.
I just love this app
I’ve been a Clear user since the early days and I’ve got to say this is one of the most usefual apps on all my devices (IOS and Mac). I bet I pull this thing up to reference or add something at least a half dozen times a day, if not more. I keep shopping lists, project lists, to do lists, pre-/post-travel lists and even things like my wallet contents in case it’s lost or stollen (w/o full CC numbers of course). The iCloud sync across all my devices makes it a great app for adding to when something occurs to me and it’s then there from my phone or iPad when I'm ready to reference it. I think I tried 3 or 4 “to do list” apps before I found Clear a few years ago. Anyway, I was just adding to a list from my Mac for the 3rd time today and was compelled to write a review. Love this app!
On a Clear day. . . .
Well, you may not be able to see forever. . . but Clear will certainly help you get things done and stay focused.
Clear works pretty well for me. Though, I’d like to see some features added which, in my opinion, would make it a better product:
√ Checklists — I use Clear to make sure I do all the tasks associated with producing a little radio featurette I call Musical Notes (dot) Show. The devil is in the details and checklists are a good way of making sure all the steps in the process are taken care of.
• Bulleted lists — Sometimes you just need to bullet-ize things to see the organizational possibilities. Even better, a minimalist outliner would be wonderful.
3. Numbered lists — Yes, numbered lists help collaborators edit a list to be in the proper sequence.
- Reminders should be more specific about whether it’s a hard deadline, a milestone, or a start date.
One annoying thing about Clear is that the desktop and iOS versions don’t seem to always be in sync. Since I’m on different devices throughout the day, I need the app to talk to all of them and have the same conversation with each.
Is that Clear, Realmac Software? :)
Overall, I really enjoy using Clear. I don’t have to fight it too much to make it do my bidding as I organize my life.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 19, 2015
- Version: 1.1.7
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Realmac Software Limited
- © 2015 Realmac Software Limited
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor