ClearCheckbook is an application that lets you manage your finances directly from your iOS device.
Check out your balances, add transactions, manage your accounts and spending categories, view your accounts, budgets, manage reminders and recurring transactions and more!
ClearCheckbook integrates with the website ClearCheckbook.com, giving you the ability to manage your finances from anywhere you have an internet connection.
ClearCheckbook.com is a free website that lets you manage your finances by providing tools for budgeting, reporting, balancing your checkbook, projecting future balances and more.
The ClearCheckbook app is free to sign up and use. We also offer a ClearCheckbook Premium feature upgrade at https://www.clearcheckbook.com ($52 / year)
Fixed a bug that was causing the Transaction Type to set incorrectly when using Autocomplete.
Ratings and Reviews
Good App - Would like to see more features
Review is for the iPhone OS version
Cost: free for basic, $4/month or $42 annual for premium feature access
I had to find a replacement for my other app iReconcile which I used for many years. IReconcile had issues with its syncing capabilities.
Pros with this app:
- Terminology such as "debt snowball" and "envelopes". If anyone is a fan of Dave Ramsey, you would understand.
- Desktop version allows you to set up a dashboard to view what you want to see at a glance
- I personally do not like automatic sync with my bank accounts because you are at the mercy of the bank to send information as it clears from the site
-Video tutorials are available (web/YouTube)
-Report function (premium on desktop only)
- Visibility to future transactions (premium on desktop only) - a must for budget conscious users
- You have to pay for premium features to access more than the basic features offered
- I would have rated it higher because what you see on the desktop does not match the app version
- If you want to see what you see on the desktop, you would have to log into your account from the Safari web browser on your phone so it defeats the purpose of the app
- I would like to see future transactions so that it is easily accessible
- The reminders do not include the dates of future transactions and this would be helpful
Overall, I think I feel this is a good app but needs to improve on some features.
Finally found a family shareable perfect fit!
Function over visually pretty but I have searched for a long time for an app that my wife and I could share to keep track of our account balances and budgeting goals. I began thinking that one didn't exist and considered writing one myself until I found this gem. The web site is the best place to initially set up your accounts, bill schedules, etc. and the mobile app is great for keeping up with day to day tasks like tracking your spends. It doesn't auto connect to your accounts but the paid version does allow importing CSV, QFX, etc and can auto "jive" when it finds a match. Also supports "envelopes" and "debt snowball". Wish I would have found this before the effort I put into Excel over the years.
This is a great app to keep track of finances. I have used and paid for many financial apps of this nature and by far this is the best! The free version does everything I need. I finally found an app that my wife can access as well. Most reconcile apps only upload the database to iCloud making it impossible for people with different Apple ID’s to access the same database, but this app uploads info to a server making it easy for multiple users to access. The developer is very responsive and prompt as well to questions! I highly recommend!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.