ClearCheckbook Money Management
By SiliconTrance, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
ClearCheckbook is an application that lets you manage your finances directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
Check out your balances, add transactions, manage your accounts and spending categories, view your accounts, budgets, manage reminders and recurring transactions and more!
ClearCheckbook integrates with the website ClearCheckbook.com, giving you the ability to manage your finances from anywhere you have an internet connection.
ClearCheckbook.com is a free website that lets you manage your finances by providing tools for budgeting, reporting, balancing your checkbook, projecting future balances and more.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
* Fixed a bug with selected account not showing up as default in Add Transaction form
* Fixed a bug which caused app to crash if Add Transaction form was loaded with no accounts
* Fixed a bug that was preventing balances from appearing if user had no accounts
Good App - Would like to see more features
Review is for the iPhone OS version
Cost: free for basic, $4/month or $42 annual for premium feature access
I had to find a replacement for my other app iReconcile which I used for many years. IReconcile had issues with its syncing capabilities.
Pros with this app:
- Terminology such as "debt snowball" and "envelopes". If anyone is a fan of Dave Ramsey, you would understand.
- Desktop version allows you to set up a dashboard to view what you want to see at a glance
- I personally do not like automatic sync with my bank accounts because you are at the mercy of the bank to send information as it clears from the site
-Video tutorials are available (web/YouTube)
-Report function (premium on desktop only)
- Visibility to future transactions (premium on desktop only) - a must for budget conscious users
- You have to pay for premium features to access more than the basic features offered
- I would have rated it higher because what you see on the desktop does not match the app version
- If you want to see what you see on the desktop, you would have to log into your account from the Safari web browser on your phone so it defeats the purpose of the app
- I would like to see future transactions so that it is easily accessible
- The reminders do not include the dates of future transactions and this would be helpful
Overall, I think I feel this is a good app but needs to improve on some features.
Finally found a family shareable perfect fit!
Function over visually pretty but I have searched for a long time for an app that my wife and I could share to keep track of our account balances and budgeting goals. I began thinking that one didn't exist and considered writing one myself until I found this gem. The web site is the best place to initially set up your accounts, bill schedules, etc. and the mobile app is great for keeping up with day to day tasks like tracking your spends. It doesn't auto connect to your accounts but the paid version does allow importing CSV, QFX, etc and can auto "jive" when it finds a match. Also supports "envelopes" and "debt snowball". Wish I would have found this before the effort I put into Excel over the years.
Love this APP!
I love this app. The only reason I give it four instead of five stars is because there is one update I would really love to see. I would love to see the ability to add photos to go with the transactions. For example if I were to go to the grocery store I would love to be able to put it in my clear checkbook like I normally would and then I would be able to take a photo of the receipt and attach it. Clear checkbook if you are reading this I would really love to see this update and if this update comes I will definitely consider changing my review from a four to a five star