Dermpath Lab of Central States (DLCS) is proud to introduce Clearpath. With the combination of a touch-enabled image atlas, powerful microscope viewer and dermatology-board simulated exam module, this innovative app will change the way you see and study dermatopathology.
Interactive Image Atlas:
* Beautiful, high-resolution images
* Detailed, touch-enabled highlights of key diagnostic findings
* Easy-to-use notes function for adding your own content
Revolutionary digital microscope viewer
* Stunning 40x images with touch zoom and pan capability
* Seamless image rendering for smooth, clear image navigation
* Comprehensive, ever-expanding library of slides
Board Simulated Test Module
* Board-relevant cases with new slides added all the time
* Integrated, fully functional microscope viewer
* Random test generator makes each exam a new challenge
* Key terms with associated high resolution images and touch-enabled highlights
* Mark diagnoses for later review by adding them to your "Favorites" folder
The fundamental concept behind Clearpath is that learning dermatopathology requires repeated exposure to new slide cases and images. Textbooks are limited by the number of images they can contain, while the Clearpath library of images and slides is constantly changing and expanding. When paired with any of the available dermatopathology texts, Clearpath becomes an essential, go-to image reference to supplement your study.
With Clearpath, you hold in your hand a digital microscope, slide set, image atlas and exam module that can be taken anywhere.
***The microscope viewer requires a WiFi connection. Microscope performance will vary based upon the internet connection speed of the available Wifi signal.
* Minor bug-fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great content! unfortunately the app crashes frequently
Great content! unfortunately the app crashes frequently.
This is an excellent educational tool for the resident in training! I especially love the feature that actually highlights the key findings in the image (ex-the app actually clearly points out a specific cell type or the acantholysis in Hailey-Hailey) . This is very helpful to point out what is meant by different descriptions and terminology. It's obvious how much time and work was spent compiling all these images and the information. I think it is very easy to navigate. I like the ability to tag "favorite" images so I can come back to some of the more challenging entities when I want to. The test function is great- you can set up the test parameters (number of questions, number of answer choices, and time per slide). I think this app will be very useful throughout residency and especially for board prep! It's interactive nature is more helpful than just simply looking at images in a book.
App allows users to hone in on pattern recognition using the learning tools like highlighted terms. The only con is that it is very limited! It does not represent the spectrum of dermpath that is needed for the boards. Only a few representative entities from each chapter/category are given. I hope it will continue to develop and grow to include more entities.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.