By Canoe Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easy-to-use tabbed style ebook reader, equipped with library shelf, supports popular ebook formats as PDF, EPUB (DRM free), CHM, and MOBI. You can make annotations, insert bookmarks, and do searching freely.
What's special with Clearview reader?
• Easy and intuitive books management.
Just drag the folders containing e-book files from finder and drop on the Clearview shelf, all the files information will be imported to the library quickly, then you can browse, search and read the books from shelf easily. With book folders and book collections cooperating together, you will find that books organization is such an easy thing.
- Cover flow preview of books.
- Drag and drop from library or finder to construct book collections.
- Capability to edit book meta info.
• Tabbed style window make reading smooth and efficient.
With several related books organized in the same window, you do not have to look for and switch between the book windows everywhere. further more, with a shelf tab and book file tabs living in the same window, browsing and reading is so easy.
- Restore multiple closed tabs;
• Powerful searching capabilities.
You can find a book quickly by the file name, content, author, title or publisher.
You can also search in a book for specified texts.
- Sorting search results by page or rank.
• Popular book formats support, PDF, EPUB, CHM and MOBI, with almost the same excellent reading experiences.
- Thumbnails display of book pages.
- Book page color themes (Normal, Sepia, Night time);
- Text fonts adjustment (Size and font family).
- Printing support for all book formats;
• Each of 4 book formats can be presented in four reading layouts. Page flip or continuous scrolling, single page or two columns.
Yes, you can read a EPUB, MOBI or CHM book like a PDF book in a continuous mode, by scrolling pages quickly, you do not have to flip page and a page, and no need to pause to click the next chapter.
• Annotations and bookmarks support on all 4 book formats.
Revisions will be saved in library database automatically, not on the original book files, so "save changes" prompt dialog won't appear in your smooth reading.
- Line, arrow, rectangle, ellipse, highlight, strike, underline, free text, comments - for PDF annotations;
- Note/Comment, highlight, strike, underline - for EPUB, MOBI, CHM annotations;
- Customizable annotation colors and line width;
- Export PDF with annotations;
- Export notes as RTF file;
• Full screen reading in a clear way.
- Customizable shelf background (Linen, Wood, Color);
IMPORTANT: No support for DRM protected ebooks! (Such as many of the books sold on iTunes or other book stores)
If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to write to email@example.com, we are sincerely happy to listen to, talk to and help you.
If you want to try before buy, please download the trial version at the Canoe Software website.
What's New in Version 1.3.2
- Notes viewing in shelf;
- Bug fix for images display;
- Bug fix for fullscreen reading;
Clearview is a very good PDF reader
I have used Preview and Acrobat extensively, along with Skim, PDFPen (and a lot of other PDF readers / annotators). Clearview is by far the most useful for many everyday tasks. Most notable for me are two features. First, Clearview is a tabbed viewer — the merits of this feature speak for themselves (surprisingly, Clearview is the only tabbed PDF reader as far as I know). Second, Clearview is much nicer than Preview at managing annotations. For instance, clearview does away with the foolish font Preview uses for notes. These are two features that stand out for me. In my view, this developer is doing very good work, and his product deserves the support of customers seeking a clean, user-friendly, PDF reader/annotator.
Currently the best PDF reader in App store
I've had this reader installed since it came out, but just recently started using it to replace HyperPDF (which mysteriously disappeared). As a teacher, I need a pdf reader on an almost daily basis. This reader has handled everything I've thrown at it, and then some. It provides for a super smooth reading experience. I also use it when displaying pdf's on my smartboard. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is that when printing pdf's, it prints the entire pdf with the exception of a small portion of a footer (if there is one). A little thing, but Hyper PDF printed everything, including the whole footer (yes, I did compare when I actually had Hyper PDF). Other than that, this is a great looking app and will be my primary reader for work and pleasure.
The only reader you need
I don’t write a lot of reviews, but after using ClearView to open several books, and documents, in various formats (Mobie, PDF, ePUB) I realized that the developer/seller deserved another positive review. So far I haven’t found anything to complain about, and ClearView handles PDF documents MUCH, MUCH, better than Adobe Acrobate, and other PDF readers I’ve used. So far I love this app, and I really hope the developer continues to provide updates. It’s well worth the price in my opinion.