A robust on-line information service for suburban rail/bus commuters in NY/NJ/CT. We enhance (NOT simply re-publish) the official transit info by adding curated crowdsourced info. Our technology filters and presents this data to help you navigate and de-stress your commute.
Clever Commute started in 2006 and now is THE premier source of information for suburban commuters (read our reviews to see).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are experiencing any issues.
• This is a free app
• Premium services are offered in-app...as a subscription
• The cost of the subscription is $39.99 per year
• There is a 30-day free trial of Premium features
• Free users may see third-party advertisements.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• You can manage your subscription, cancel anytime or turn off auto-renewal by accessing your iTunes account.
- Enriched/modernized emoji support
- Introduced scrolling marquee on "Recent Alerts" page
- Enhance/Clarify Track prediction/voting page
- Fortify back-end processing to ensure messages from transit providers are included
- Improve monitoring and reporting for in-app purchases
See all release notes at http://clevercommute.com/release-notes
Ratings and Reviews
Crowd Sourced Commute Info Is Awesome!!!
As our commutes get inevitably worse due to crumbling infrastructure, this app will become compulsory for you if it isn’t already. Knowing what is actually happening on a train or the ones in front of you is key vs whatever filtered version of the truth your commuting service feels like providing, if they provide any!
I’ve been a fan since before there was an app, when they only used text and emails.
The only thing that can be made better is to have real-time geolocation. I believe it’s only updated at each stop. I imagine this is due to NJ Transit not providing that info in real-time.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words. I'm an everyday commuter and I am doing my best to make this app/service as helpful as can be. Glad that you have seen the progress from the old e-mail days! Regarding geo: there likely is more that we can do...I'm doing my best to keep on building new features. Thanks again!
CleverCommute provides me with the info I need (and only what I feel I need via robust preference options) when I need it. I rely on it daily whether the commute is trouble-free or in complete melt down. I have info re track assignments even after they drop off departure boards which is extremely helpful given the trains rarely close their doors at the exact departure time. I can also configure alternative routes based on the rich data available in one app (multiple transit carriers & modes) plus crowd-sourced info. I’ve been premium for years and it’s worth every penny.
Developer Response ,
So nice to see that you are happy with the product. Thank you.
Saves me time, without fail
At least once a month, a well-timed track posting notification from Clever Commute means I squeak onto a train I otherwise would have missed, saving me from waiting an hour for the next one. It alerts me when the morning or evening rush has gone in the toilet, so I can adjust my plans accordingly. And the evening track predictions help me jockey for position near the correct gate so I can get my preferred seat. The premium service is well worth the small monthly fee. I love this app.
Developer Response ,
Hey jersey_girl: thank you. I think you "get it". I ride NJT every day...and I know that having information gives you the edge. Thanks again for leaving the review. Please always reach out to us if you have any questions / comments / concerns.
- Clever Communicator, LLC
- 51.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Clever Communicator, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Service $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.