By William Modesitt
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Click Map is an easy-to-use app to quickly obtain information about any location on the map. Simply shift-click anywhere on the map and the following information is available:
Weather. Choose from various weather sources.
Places. Enter some search words to find places near or at the location.
Routes. Shows various routes from your current location to the location you clicked.
Satellite View. Get a satellite view (and street view if it exists) for the location.
Internet. Search the Internet for news, images and more about the location.
Web Cams. View web cams (if they exist) for the location or nearby locations.
Elevation. In feet and meters.
Areas of Interest. Parks, museums, etc.
- Save an image of the map for offline use.
- Show a route between your current location and the map pin you create.
- Export the route as a GPX file which can be imported into many GPS devices.
- Pick any address in your Contacts and go to that location on the map.
- If your Mac can’t obtain your current location due to no WiFi, you can set your current location by entering your latitude and longitude.
- Go anywhere on the map by typing an area name or partial address. Receive a full address in return as well as zooming to the location on the map.
- Open the location information in your favorite web browser or Apple Maps, whichever is appropriate.
Perfect for travelers: shift-click along the route you’re taking to gain valuable information about the route as well as your destination.
Great for anyone else who wants to gain information about any location anywhere in the map.
NOTE: Click Map will ask permission to access your Contacts for two reasons:
1. You can search the addresses in your Contacts and have Click Map go to any of the addresses form your Contacts.
2. Click Map needs access to the Address Book Library in order to create an address from the latitude and longitude derived from your map click. This has nothing to do with your Contacts but permission is still required in order to create the address from the latitude and longitude.
Denying access to your Contacts will limit Click Map’s ability to display information.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
Confusing, although theres potential
This app is confusing, I did allow it access to my contacts and my location, yet counldn’t function very well in either hybrid or satellite view, in example 3D mode wasnt working, I had to root around to see what it could do because there was no directory nor a written guiding principle, google maps which was embedded in chastised me for being lite mode, yet I wasn’t able to change that from the app, nor find out what that meant. I felt lost and confused. That said, it still has massive potential if developers tighten up its features, paying attention to what users would like to know prior to moving or visiting a place.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 25, 2015
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Modesitt
- © 2015 Modesitt Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor