By William Modesitt
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Click Map is an easy-to-use app to quickly obtain information about any location on the map. Simply shift-click anywhere on the map and the following information is available:
Weather. Choose from various weather sources such as NOAA or Weather.com.
Places. Enter some search words to find places near or at the location.
Routes. Shows various routes from your current location to the location you clicked.
Satellite View. Get a satellite view (and street view if it exists) for the location.
Internet. Search the Internet for news, images and more about the location.
Web Cams. View web cams (if they exist) for the location or nearby locations.
Elevation. In feet and meters.
Areas of Interest. Parks, museums, etc.
- Pick any address in your Contacts and go to that location on the map.
- If your Mac can’t obtain your current location due to no WiFi, you can set your current location by entering your latitude and longitude.
- Go anywhere on the map by typing an area name or partial address. Receive a full address in return as well as zooming to the location on the map.
- Open the location information in your favorite web browser or Apple Maps, whichever is appropriate.
Perfect for travelers: shift-click along the route you’re taking to gain valuable information about the route as well as your destination.
Great for anyone else who wants to gain information about any location anywhere in the map.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Now can drag a map pin to anywhere on the map
- Now shift-click to drop a pin onto the map
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 05, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Modesitt
- © 2013 Modesitt Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor