Satellites observing the Earth from space provide a clear picture of the health of our planet and the signs of climate change. This electronic book lets you take a closer look at the climate data being produced by the European Space Agency's Climate Change Initiative.
Thirty years of climate data are at your fingertips on interactive globes and maps. Use the data viewer to see how climate variables including ocean temperature, ice sheets, sea level, sea ice, carbon dioxide and soil moisture change through time. Play, pause, and step through the data; spin the world and zoom in; switch between globe and map views; compare one data set with another.
Engaging and richly-illustrated text explains why measuring these parts of the Earth system is important for climate science, and describes what the climate data shows. Project scientists from across Europe explain their work in their own words in short video interviews.
• Interactive, animated globes with 17 key climate data sets
• Scroll through time to see thirty years of change
• 130 illustrations, including satellite images, diagrams and animations
• 14 interviews with project scientists
• Over 16,000 words of text
• 74 pages
iPad 4th gen (2012), iPad mini 2 (2013), or later.
- improved data viewer
- improved video playback
- new data: Fire, Ice Sheets, Land Cover
- new animation: Carbon Cycle
- minor text and image updates
- minor design update
- bug fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.