ClimateWatch is the best way to record the seasonal behaviour you see in plants and animals, and help scientists understand how Australia’s environment is responding to climate change.
The ClimateWatch app is the perfect tool to use anytime you are bushwalking, in your local park, or relaxing in your backyard.
ClimateWatch offers the following features:
* Easy to use interface
* Ability to record your sightings even with poor mobile signal
* Your location, date and time are recorded with each sighting
* Take a photo and submit with your record
* Species information - what to record, where, when and why
* Species images to help you identify plants and animals
* Bird, frog and mammal calls to help you identify animals
* View your account details and sightings
Our website (climatewatch.org.au) is the online community where you can learn more about the ClimateWatch species, hear from scientists and other ClimateWatchers, and record what you observe.
ClimateWatch was developed by Earthwatch with the Bureau of Meteorology and The University of Melbourne to understand how changes in temperature and rainfall are affecting the behaviour of Australia's plants and animals. Thanks to support from the Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme and The Helen Macpherson Smith Trust, ClimateWatch has been able to build its citizen science network across Australia. The first project of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, ClimateWatch enables every Australian to be involved in collecting and recording data that will help shape the country’s scientific response to climate change.
By registering as a ClimateWatch user, you agree to the ClimateWatch Privacy Collection Statement. The Statement can be found at http://www.climatewatch.org.au/privacy.
The ClimateWatch mobile app was developed with support from the Australian Government.
- Reduced set of observable species (from 185 to 105)
- Added sighting sync with server - will now pull down existing sightings from server
- Fixed bug where sighting attributes weren't showing on sighting summary page
- Confirmation when leaving sighting / user details screens without saving
- Users enter age range rather than age
- Various help text for screens
- Sightings are now sorted in reverse date order on sightings list
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.