A comprehensive guide to the great wines of Burgundy, with detailed interactive maps of its renowned vineyards (known as climats), from Montrachet to Chambertin. Includes a guide to the top producers and a GPS function for your visits to the vineyards.
Features of ClimaVinea:
• An interactive version of Sylvain Pitiot’s authoritative new maps, published in his book The Climats and Lieux-Dits of the Great Vineyards of Burgundy (2012 and 2014). Includes the most recent scholarship on the origins of parcel names from Marie-Hélène Landrieu.
• The Who’s Who of producers: profiles and wine lists for 135 elite estates and negociants, to help you build a cellar and make informed choices from restaurant wine lists. The list is entirely impartial (there are no ads or sales linked to this app), the selection being based on the collective judgments of the best international critics over several vintages. (Not a comprehensive list of all producers.)
• An encyclopedic reference that will satisfy your curiosity and help you deepen your knowledge of the history, culture, and vineyards that produce great wines of Burgundy—knowledge that enhances the pleasure of exploring and drinking them.
• A powerful search engine helps you find reliable, precise information. Whether you are a professional, connoisseur, collector, or student of wine, with ClimaVinea you can find a vineyard on the map and look up its surface area and other facts, check whether a producer makes a certain wine, discover the characteristics of an appellation, and more.
• A GPS function guides you through the vineyards when you visit Burgundy.
• Includes both French and English versions, with the option to switch back and forth. - A must have for anyone seriously interested in the wines of Burgundy.
• This new release (2.3.) is optimized for all recent iPad and iPhone models, incl. iPhone X.
• It reflects significant new developments in the wine region since mid-2017, such as the sale of the famous estate of Clos de Tart to French billionaire François Pinault, or the retirement of Bernard Noblet, the long time cellarmaster of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, in early 2018.
• Two more producers are reviewed: Sylvain Pataille, in Marsannay, and Domaine des Croix in Beaune – bringing the total number of estates and negociants featured in ClimaVinea to 135.
• The data of many of these producers were updated (to mention for instance the arrival of a new régisseur, or a new generation taking over from their parents, or the acquisition or disposal of vineyard land, or changes in wine labels, etc.) A number of these updates were contributed by the vignerons themselves, as more and more of them are using ClimaVinea routinely with their clients and distributors.
• Minor bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Full maps of burgundy in amazing detail, even a button to which from Climats to Lieu-dits. I love the producer index as well as the toponymy, where I can look up the meaning of any name, in particular the names of vineyards.
What a great resource. I wish there were more apps out there like this.
This is an impressive app but it's missing Chablis! Please add to a future version :)
- 446.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Viavinea SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.