This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A comprehensive guide to the great wines of Burgundy, with detailed interactive maps of its renowned vineyards (known as climats), from Montrachet to Chambertin. Includes a guide to the top producers and a GPS function for your visits to the vineyards.
Features of ClimaVinea:
• An interactive version of Sylvain Pitiot’s authoritative new maps, published in his book The Climats and Lieux-Dits of the Great Vineyards of Burgundy (2012 and 2014). Includes the most recent scholarship on the origins of parcel names from Marie-Hélène Landrieu.
• The Who’s Who of producers: profiles and wine lists for 133 elite estates and negociants, to help you build a cellar and make informed choices from restaurant wine lists. The list is entirely impartial (there are no ads or sales linked to this app), the selection being based on the collective judgments of the best international critics over several vintages. (Not a comprehensive list of all producers.)
• An encyclopedic reference that will satisfy your curiosity and help you deepen your knowledge of the history, culture, and vineyards that produce great wines of Burgundy—knowledge that enhances the pleasure of exploring and drinking them.
• A powerful search engine helps you find reliable, precise information. Whether you are a professional, connoisseur, collector, or student of wine, with ClimaVinea you can find a vineyard on the map and look up its surface area and other facts, check whether a producer makes a certain wine, discover the characteristics of an appellation, and more.
• A GPS function guides you through the vineyards when you visit Burgundy.
• Includes both French and English versions, with the option to switch back and forth. - A must have for anyone seriously interested in the wines of Burgundy.
What's New in Version 2.2
• This new release reflects the most significant developments in the area since the beginning of 2017, such as the sale of the famous estate of Bonneau du Martray to American businessman Stanley Kroenke, or Laurent Ponsot’s sudden decision to leave his family estate to start a negociant house with his elder son...
• The profiles of many producers featured in ClimaVinea have been updated (to mention for instance the arrival of a new régisseur, or a new generation taking over from their parents, or the acquisition or disposal of vineyard land, or changes in wine labels, etc.). A number of these updates were contributed by the vignerons themselves, as more and more of them are now using ClimaVinea routinely with their clients and distributors.
• Minor bugs have been fixed in the iPad version.