The next generation of climbing guides has arrived. Using the GPS in every iPhone, Climb Montana displays custom made maps that show the locations of climbs and trails for several popular areas around Southwest Montana. This, combined with gorgeous photos, topos for every climb, and insightful beta about the climb and gear needed makes Climb Montana the ultimate guide for the best climbing in Southwest Montana. The beta was written/curated by Ty Morrison-Heath, who has chronicled his climbing adventures meticulously since he moved to Bozeman in 2005, and has been a longtime employee at Spire Climbing Center in Bozeman.
- No cell phone connection required. The maps are automatically downloaded to your iPhone, so they work even when there is no cell coverage.
- Detailed maps that show the exact locations of the climbs, with GPS functionality included to show your location on the map.
- Search functionality to find the best climb for yourself.
- Over 110 routes included in the initial release, with new content being added often.
- 140+ photos of the climbs, including an individual topo photo for every climb.
- Driving directions to the parking lot of each climb
- All route descriptions include gear suggestions, important beta, and a photo of the route.
- Easy to use, with great support from Gneiss Software.
- All maps purchased come with lifetime updates, with new climbs being added with every update.
Areas Included at Launch
- Bear Canyon
- Bozeman Pass
- Frog Rock
- Gallatin Canyon
- Humbug Spires
- Hyalite Canyon Rock
- Madison River
- Revenue Flats
- Ross Peak
Climb Montana is still in active development, so expect new features, tons of new routes, and areas in upcoming releases! Climb on, and let us know what you think of the app by leaving a review or emailing the developers at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. See you out at the crag!
User interface changes and squishing bugs.
New Content for Gallatin Canyon.
Updated map for Practice Rock.
Ratings and Reviews
If all you need is bear canyon, get the app.
Otherwise your looking at 5.99 per area.
Get mountan project, has more features and better maps.
Larger community too, especially with that sticker price.
I suppose if you don't get that new patigonia jacket you can get all the areas on this app.
Easy navigation, maps are clear and concise, the route photos up the climb are a great feature. Can't wait to use this app in action!
- Gneiss Software LLC
- 61.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Gneiss Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Purchase All Areas $13.99
- Purchase Revenue Flats $3.99
- Purchase Allenspur $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.