By Active Interest Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CLIMBING is the world's most authoritative publication covering technical rock climbing, bouldering, mountaineering, and ice climbing. Each issue is jammed with practical advice on training, gear, technical skills, injury prevention and treatment, and the most exciting climbing destinations on the planet. Our iPad edition adds slide shows, video, topo diagrams of climbs, and other interactive bonuses.
Annual 1 Year Subscription (10 issues, including annual Gear Guide and Photo Annual): $14.99
Monthly Subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single Issue: $3.99
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
What's New in Version 2.3
I'll stick with the print edition
The content of the magazine is great, but the app is not appropriate for iPhone. The presentation is just medium-res page images, making is necessary to zoom to read anything but headlines, and sometime content is 3/4 or full-page width so it's basically impossible to read without zooming and swiping back and forth. On the other hand, viewing one page at a time it's impossible to take in some of the beautiful two-page spreads in the magazine. The zooming also coexists with page-turning, so my normal method for zooming on a specific part of an image on iPhone ends up turning the page--so instead I have to zoom, swipe, zoom again.
Many of these things are probably fine on iPad. But you presumably still can't see two-page photos.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 09, 2015
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 28.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Interest Media
- © 2015 Active Interest Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Climbing Magazine$14.99
- Climbing Magazine$1.99
- Climbing Magazine April 2014$3.99
- Climbing Magazine April 2013$3.99
- Climbing Magazine March 2015$2.99
- Climbing Magazine March 2013$3.99
- Climbing Magazine September 2012$3.99
- Climbing Magazine December 2013$3.99
- Climbing Magazine November 2012$3.99
- Climbing Magazine October 2014$3.99