Clinical Pattern Recognition: Low back pain
By Michael Wong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Clinical Pattern Recognition (CPR): Low back pain
(Updated for iOS 8! Make sure you update your device!)
• A powerful comprehensive app linking research to clinical practice
• Guideline based classification system for ankle and foot pain
• Intuitive user interface that mimics the clinical reasoning of a master clinician
• Common pain referral patterns link to common hypotheses including:
- Facet syndrome
- Discogenic referred leg pain
- Lumbar sprain/strain
- Lumbar radiculopathy
- Chronic lumbar generalized pain
- Sacroiliac joint sprain
- Spinal stenosis
• Hypothesized conditions link to their specific key findings and faulty movements
• Evidence based impairments are linked to their associated “ideal” intervention including:
- Manual therapy
- Movement re-education
- Therapeutic exercises
- Patient education
• Includes region specific red flag conditions for emergent referral
• Over 300 examination, movement analysis, manual therapy and exercise videos/pictures
• Multi-angle, High definition video with instructions
• Videos of how patients will present in the clinic
• Clinical reasoning videos for key findings, differential diagnosis, associated impairments, interventions and movement faults
• Direct links to PUBmed abstracts for all techniques (where research is available)
• Use clinical pattern recognition to see develop your clinical reasoning “flow” or have quick access to all special tests/physical exam techniques, all manual therapy techniques or all exercise techniques
• Physical therapists/Physiotherapists
• Physical therapy assistants
• Osteopathic physicians
• Athletic trainers
• Clinicians managing patients with musculoskeletal conditions
• Medical professionals
• Anyone interested in rehabilitation for knee pain
*This app may require you to be temporarily connected to wifi for downloading.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- Fixes a critical bug that prevents most content from loading
Very user friendly
What I like most about this app is that it's very user friendly and easy to navigate around. I can give it to my friends and family who have low back pain and they have been able to play around the app to see what could possibly be hurting them and see what techniques they may be able to do to help with their pain. It's a helpful resource of PT students as well to learn about patients with these type of problems.
CPR is amazing!
Clinical Pattern Recognition is an amazing app that helps streamline my thought process when trying to think through how to handle a specific diagnosis. It covers all of the important topics such as relevant tests, clinical findings, treatments, and even related diagnoses. The video instruction is a wonderful bonus so that I can really see what I should be doing and how I should be doing it. This app would be of great benefit to students and clinicians alike!
Best physical therapy app!
The CPR low back pain was the first app I used during my physical therapy journey. It allowed me to see the entire process from beginning to end in the very early stages of my learning, and continues to help me throughout my orthopaedic series! The app will also be very helpful outside of the classroom during clinical rotations as well as being on my own as a DPT!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 04, 2015
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 475 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Wong
- © Clinical Pattern Recognition, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.