ClinicalKey is a clinical search engine from Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. When every second counts, ClinicalKey knows what clinicians need: fast answers built on trusted evidence.
ClinicalKey helps clinicians rapidly access evidence-based, peer reviewed information to improve speed to accurate diagnosis and treatment, with the goal of improving patient outcomes and lowering the high cost of care. Its features have been designed utilizing extensive research on the search behaviors and content preferences of doctors.
ClinicalKey is clinicians’ single source for trusted content covering more than 30 medical and surgical specialties. Content is indexed daily and continues to grow as new resources are published, ensuring that every decision clinicians make is based on the most current evidence. ClinicalKey’s Smart Search technology understands specific questions and pulls the most clinically relevant results from more than 1,000 reference books, 600 journals, 2,900 drug monographs, 17,000+ videos and more. Clinicians can always be sure they are applying the right evidence for each unique patient scenario.
ClinicalKey App for iOS Features:
• Persistent login
• Intuitive search with auto-suggest
• Ability to bookmark and save items
• Access to full-text books, full-text journals, guidelines, multimedia and more
To get started with ClinicalKey
1. Download the free ClinicalKey App
2. Sign in securely using your ClinicalKey or Institution account
What's new in this version?
- OpenAthens customers have been encountering problems accessing the CK iOS app for some time. The issue has been traced back to a security measure which inadvertently prevented successful OpenAthens login from iOS devices. This release fixes OpenAthens issues. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.
Ratings and Reviews
App needs some work
Landscape view is not available on iPad. Also, not able to access half of what I can access on the desktop version. Books for example won't show up. Seems like the app isn't quite up to speed yet with what people will be expecting from it.
Developer Response ,
We have released fixes for both of these issues. Please update ClinicalKey to the most recent version to see these changes. Thank you for the feedback.
After latest app update, it worked well for several months. Over the last several days, the app will not open, I’ve tried to delete and re-download several times, but after one use, the app won’t open. And this last time, most of my access to books and such were restricted.
This app worked well enough until a week or two ago. Now I just get the orange screen that says clinical key and the circular animation that indicates that it's loading. I restarted my phone and deleted the app and redownloaded it. It still doesn't work. Extremely frustrating.
- Elsevier Inc.
- 24.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ClinicalKey is a registered trademark © 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.