This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Clips is a new app for making fun videos to share with friends, family, and the world. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with animated text, graphics and emoji, music, and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time using simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Shoot live video and photos or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them
• Clips looks and works great on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Mix and match different styles throughout your video
• Tap your title to adjust text and punctuation or add inline emoji
• Give your photos and video clips a comic book look with color and black & white filters
• Drop in animated speech bubbles, arrows, and banners
• Add emoji on top of any photo or video clip
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or use built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Clips suggests people to share with based on who is in your video and whom you share with most often
• Tap a person in the share sheet to instantly send your video via Messages
• Send directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
What's New in Version 1.1
• Customize your videos with animated Disney graphics featuring Mickey, Minnie, and more
• Add Pixar graphics to your videos with characters from Toy Story and Inside Out
• Choose from dozens of new customizable text banners, overlays, and posters
• Live Title edit button makes it faster and easier to edit Live Title text
• Share button appears on main screen when creating a video
• When adding posters and existing photos, audio is automatically muted if no speech is detected
• When the same animated overlay is added to successive clips, the animation occurs only on the first clip
• Improved stability and reliability
© Disney © Disney/Pixar
Needs a couple small things
This is a great app, but we need transition effects between clips BADLY! Also some vocal effects would be nice. Also there is no way to loop a background track/music for a certain section, this would be a great addition to clips, and on the same subject, there is no CLIPS folder in the new FILES app, nor is there a way to add one or the app, seems counterintuitive, I had to save my projects to the camera roll or to the garage band folder in the FILES app :/ I just would like to save my projects into a clips folder in FILES app and transfer from there to my computer. Doesn’t seem like that is a lot to ask for,... The clips app would be amazing with these additional features, Hope to see this happen, Thanks Apple
Don’t get iMovie, get clips
First off, movie takes up a ridiculous amount of storage while it can only do a few things. Clips does not take up that much storage and it can do a lot.
The automatic speech-to-text captions are great; they work extremely well and I can add in punctuation with ease. The edits you can make, the backgrounds, the filters, the texts, the emojis, it’s all awesome. Clips is a really great app. I spent so much time being frustrated over iMovie, thinking there was nothing better. But there is. There’s this great, fast, easy, free app called Clips.
All these people don't understand the app
Before you claim it is too hard to use, do some research before. I'm guessing most of you are trying to use the live captions and title slides. The live captions correspond to your spoken voice and can be edited. The title slides text is edited when you first select it. To use it in a video, you must record while the title slide is up for it to work. Love this app and waiting for more content to roll out. Maybe addons for the app like iMessages?
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 20, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 55.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.