Clips is a free app that lets you make fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time with simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Easily change the style of your title, adjust text and punctuation, or add inline emoji
Artistic effects and filters
• Turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Add warmth, impact, or drama to videos and photos with a selection of filters from the Camera app
• Use effects and filters while recording or apply them to photos and videos from your library
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends plus characters from Star Wars, Toy Story, and Inside Out
• Add emoji, animated speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Selfie Scenes with TrueDepth camera
• Make amazing selfie videos that take you out of reality and place you in fantasy worlds with immersive, animated backgrounds**
• Each scene is a 360-degree video that surrounds you on all sides as you move
• Choose from 20 unique scenes including an 8-bit video game, monster laboratory, and abstract painting
• Create a video onboard the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, underwater in Finding Dory, or downtown Municiberg from Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2
• Clips suggests people to share with based on who is in your video and whom you share with most often
• Tap a person in the share sheet to instantly send your video via Messages
• Send directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit all your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie scenes require an iPhone [or iPad] with TrueDepth camera system
• Choose from 6 new Selfie Scenes that use the TrueDepth camera system to take you to an animal forest, monster laboratory, high above the clouds, and more
• Transport yourself to downtown Municiberg in the middle of a thrilling Selfie Scene from Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2
• Selfie Scenes use the Neural Engine on the A12 Bionic chip for high quality portrait segmentation during preview and recording
• Use 3 new filters to make your video look like a monochromatic comic book, watercolor painting, or aged film
• Create great-looking title cards with 8 new customizable posters with themes including science, sports, and silent movie
• Choose from 8 expressive stickers and 4 colorful text labels to add emphasis and annotations to your video
• Select from 17 new royalty-free soundtracks, including tracks to match new Selfie Scenes plus fun pop, lounge, and vintage-inspired music that automatically adjusts to the length of your video
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but some suggestions
Okay so to start off, this is really good. You can make different filters and add labels and stickers and other stuff, it is great.
But they should have some other stuff. I first think it would be cool it they made an echo affect. Next, I would like it if you could chose any kind of Apple Music to go with your clip, but when I type the song I want to hear, I can’t see any results and it is SO
ANNOYING. My biggest concern is I wish there was a slow-mo affect. I wish that if you were playing music, the music could be normal while the scene could be slow-mo. You can do slow-mo in camera, but if you want to make another video like clips, you’d have to play it yourself. And it would not play it for you. Now, if you try to send one of your Camera slow-mo videos to clips, Clips will just take away the whole slow-mo part of the video. My last dislike is the trimming. You can cut part of your video at the beginning and end, but you can not in the middle. So please fix some of this stuff and clips would be PERFECT.
Best apple app ever!
This app is amazing! I love because you get to add filters on it that you don’t get in the regular camera app. It’s also so much fun just mess around with. Many people just want a cool look on their photos this is the best one that you can get by Apple. The stickers are amazing too. I also love who can customize the stickers if it says let’s do it and you don’t want it to have it you can change it so it’s like hi if you want to say that. My mom one of the amazing picture thing that I was doing to so she asked what app is that and I said Apple clips it came with your phone and he said I don’t have that I deleted it so I made a real download it and she was impressed and she had the Instagramable pic! Thanks for reading my very long review! Only one thing add more stickers that were more alike different day if I cannot all people want to have like Star Wars like Pixar we could maybe you could change some stuff off of it like maybe add a couple other things.
Apple Clips Rocks!
Apple clips is an amazing app. Probably better than some outstanding video making apps. It has great features like moving labels, posters and stickers to the feature where when you talk, words would match it on screen. Though it can freeze sometimes, it still is a great way for me and other people to make videos. Also, there should be a feature where you can add two songs into one video. I would also like if there was more selections to the free music. Plus, the music sometimes sounds to annoying. Other features I would like is if you can title
your projects or re-type things on posters, including special Disney ones. On the other hand, some features are one of the kind. For example, on IPhone X, you can have special screens in the background of your videos, like landscapes to the Millenium Falcon, without a green screen. In conclusion, this app is really helpful for creators but sometimes laggy. Overall, I gave this app 4 stars out of 5.
- Apple Inc.
- 154.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.