Cloak - Super Simple VPN
By Bourgeois Bits LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Public Wi-Fi isn't safe.
Cloak is the solution.
Cloak keeps you safe on Public Wi-Fi with no fiddling or fuss.
With Cloak's auto-secure feature, you don't even need to remember that you *have* Cloak -- just connect to that coffee shop, or airport, or hotel, or conference Wi-Fi and trust that Cloak's got your back.
What else is cool about Cloak? So much:
- With a beautiful, minimal user interface and quick access to all the important controls, Cloak makes it effortless to manage your online security.
- Cloak knows which networks you trust, and which you don't... and Cloak automatically secures your connection when you use an untrusted network.
- All of your preferences are cloud synced to all of your devices: iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs.
As always, we welcome your comments and feedback and, yes, even your bug reports. To get in touch, send us an email: email@example.com -- we are here to help, so please do say hello!
What's New in Version 3.4.4
Please note that this newest version of Cloak now requires iOS 9 or greater, with iOS 10 strongly recommended.
- Added support for Arabic and Hebrew
- Some minor bugs were also fixed for this release
- Fixes a possible crasher
- Added support for Afrikaans, Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- In case you were wondering, Cloak also already knows English and Spanish.
- Some minor bug fixes are also included as part of this update.
- Appropriately displays the actual network's status in the Networks view.
- Adds the first of hopefully many new "smart network" features to detect problematic networks and let you know that you may encounter problems.
- Fixes bugs, including passcode and localization bugs.
- Ties to our app store ratings in a totally cool, not-at-all-in-your-face-but-still-there sort of way (we think other indie devs will approve).
It messes up FaceTime and iMessages services.
I used this service for a few days in my iPhone and other Apple devices. It messed up my FaceTime and iMessages services such that I could not use them with my Apple ID. In other words iMessages and FaceTime communications are out of sync between iPhone and other Apple devices.
After spending way too long with Apple support, I tried restoring it with backup. That did not solve the problem either. Finally I had to setup my iPhone as a new iPhone, reload all the apps individually including sign into the apps, organizing them in folders as before, etc.
This is too high a price to pay to use this VPN service.
To be fair, they are aware of this issue you read their support webpages in detail. The app offers an option only for macOS - and not for iOS - in the advance preference pane to exempt iMessages and other Apple services from Cloak's secure tunnel.
My primary reason for giving them one star is that they must highlight this issue in their App description and not bury in a support webpage details. This has costed more than a few hours to make my iMessages and FaceTime services work again. I consider this UNACCEPTABLE.
Splendid VPN Service
The most dependable no compromise VPN service I've found. All the Apple services including FaceTime, iCloud and Apple Music work great while the VPN is running. This service is easy to setup and manage with a great app, reasonable price point and automatic activation on untrusted networks. It gets around every web filter, traffic shaping service and traffic monitoring service that's been thrown at it including Barracuda and Sonicwall. The subscription also gives your Max OSX computer access to the VPN at no additional cost. Can't recommend it enough.
Project Marketing Consultant
Cloak's been great for securing HIPAA-Protected Healthcare Information when my MacOS and iOS computers join both wired and wireless networks. The securing seems to happen automatically. I've only used Cloak for a bit more than a year, and it's automated securely joining dozens of work-related networks. My affection for Cloak calls to mind Dropbox from many years ago: they work so well Apple should have bought both for their companies and rolled their elegant services into MacOS and iOS!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 23, 2017
- Version: 3.4.4
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Bourgeois Bits LLC
- © 2016 Bourgeois Bits LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Month Pass$9.99
- Week Pass$3.99
- Year Pass$99.99