Cloak - Super Simple VPN
By Bourgeois Bits LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Public Wi-Fi isn't safe.
Cloak is the solution.
Cloak keeps you safe on Public Wi-Fi with no fiddling or fuss.
With Cloak's auto-secure feature, you don't even need to remember that you *have* Cloak -- just connect to that coffee shop, or airport, or hotel, or conference Wi-Fi and trust that Cloak's got your back.
What else is cool about Cloak? So much:
- With a beautiful, minimal user interface and quick access to all the important controls, Cloak makes it effortless to manage your online security.
- Cloak knows which networks you trust, and which you don't... and Cloak automatically secures your connection when you use an untrusted network.
- All of your preferences are cloud synced to all of your devices: iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs.
As always, we welcome your comments and feedback and, yes, even your bug reports. To get in touch, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org -- we are here to help, so please do say hello!
What's New in Version 3.5.1
The Cloak 3.5 update is here! This is a major upgrade. Please let us know if you have any problems. You'll notice a brief account migration when you open up Cloak. Anyway, here's what's new:
* Tightened up security with the implementation of IKEv2 - this will also fix a pesky bug in IKEv1 causing some connections to drop right around an hour in
* More 3D Touch goodies
* Cleaned up the user interface (including a bit more work on the transporter!)
* Lots of bugs squashed
What's new in 3.5.1:
* The Cloak switch supports the taptic engine on newer phones
* Minor fixes
Cloak provides VPN protection to your data communications quickly and automatically when your device connects to any wifi or cellular network. If you prefer to designate certain networks as "trusted," and not use its VPN, it's easy to make that setting in the app. Your location designation is very easy to adjust. Finally, I'm impressed by how The Cloak team is constantly working to find - and implement - ways to make their app and services even better. I've used Cloak for several years and figured it was time to write a review of this great app and company.
Works extremely well
Most VPNs are fussy to set up, fussy to keep running, and have big performance issues. Cloak is free of all those. It takes an extra second or two to connect when the device comes out of sleep but that's about it. Getting full cell bandwidth and 50 Mbps over wifi. Except for one glitch a few weeks ago that the company bent over backwards to fix as quickly as they could (a DNS issue) it has been rock solid for three months. This is your privacy and net neutrality solution.
The Vpn that I was looking for
I've tried differents vpn, and Cloak beats all of them. The auto-secure feature and protection worth the price, and its app interface is easy to use. It works smooth on T-mobile network and don't slow down your internet speed. I've been using this vpn daily for about 6 months, and works excellent without any problem. I don't need to worry anymore about public wifi or unsecure connections, Cloak connects automatically.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 01, 2017
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 16.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Bourgeois Bits LLC
- © 2016 Bourgeois Bits LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Month Pass$9.99
- Week Pass$3.99
- Year Pass$99.99