Cloud Outliner enables you to create and share outlines - interactive and highly customizable notes that organize your plans, projects, and ideas in a clear way.
This tool is not yet another notebook app or sticky notes organizer for mobile devices. Not even a little! Thanks to the extensive import and export functionality, rich-text editor, and truly intuitive user interface with gestures, the solution will become your reliable assistant both at work and home. All your thoughts, ideas, ongoing tasks, and even arbitrary memos will be kept safe and available close at hand. You can simply focus on the things that really matter – and the Cloud Outliner will cover everything else. Install Cloud Outliner to reduce complexity and easily align your daily routines!
Data management and protection:
• Flexible multi-tier document manager
• Highly visible color stickers to mark important records
• Password protection
• Customizable document templates
• Duplicate document operation
Rich-text outline editor:
• Drag and Drop functionality for sorting and reordering rows
• Swipe left or right to change the indentation level
• Multi-selection feature to reorder rows, change indentation, or delete them all at once
• Optional checkboxes that facilitate selection
• Optional automatic numbering (3 styles)
• Adding notes to data and list items
• Customizable text size, color, and style
• Highlighting important rows using different text colors and styles
• Read-only mode support
• View completed tasks
• Collapse/expand functionality for all items
• Filters for displaying only checked or only unchecked items
• Undo/redo operations
• Cut/copy/paste data to outlines or even external apps (Notes, Mail, Safari, etc.)
• Automatic highlighting of links and phone numbers
• Wireless keyboard support (with a wide range of keyboard shortcuts)
Sharing of outlines:
• Import and export of OPML files
• Sending outlines by email or an instant messenger
• “Open In...” feature
• Clear and intuitive design
• Light and Dark themes
• Search by outline name or an arbitrary text
• Portrait & Landscape mode support
• Full screen landscape mode on iPhone
• Single app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Available only in the Pro version:
• Export of outlines to PDF
• Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
• Sync outlines across all your devices with iCloud
• Sync outlines with Evernote
• Added the ability to show when outline was last modified
• Added support for iPhone X
• Multiple fixes and improvements
Thanks for using Cloud Outliner. Love the app? Rate it! Your feedback helps us to make Cloud Outliner even better.
Ratings and Reviews
Improvements that would make this excellent
This is a nice little app-- but it could be great with a few improvements. As an author who writes both novels and textbooks, I have tried most apps and programs that relate to text processing and have concluded that they are created by programmers, not writers. Too often, it seems, programmers are more focused on displaying what clever programmers they are than how well the app they create meets needs. Programmers need to determine who the target user they are creating the app for is-- and then find out from that target user what they want and need. And then build those things into the app from the very beginning.
For an app like this to be really useful, especially for writing nonfiction, it is very frustrating that there is no apparent way to applying formatting to individual words but only entire sections of text, whether trying to apply a stylistic change (bold, italic, underline) or changing to color of the font. Select one word in a block of text, apply italic to that single word, and the entire block changes to italic! Not good when, for instance, inserting a word from a foreign language or the title of a book.
I have been using this for less than 10 minutes and would totally give this five stars but I only have one complaint - I have not found a way to edit a category once I create it without deleting the whole thing. I hope it's something I just need to figure out but I think it's because this is the free version. I was so happy with it that I almost purchased the pro (and I usually don't buy apps), but I am waiting to be sure that I use this the way I hope I will. It is super intuitive and easy to use. I have so much work on my plate right now, I had to find a way to become more organized and less overwhelmed. I came up with an idea earlier and told my friend I was going to start creating outlines for everything. This is genius. Glad I found it. Oh and I also never leave reviews, but I am quite pleased. Hope you find it useful as well.
Simplicity is bliss
Very pleased with ease of learning and use. I’m a believer that there is an organization app for everyone, but prior to now I had personally struggled to find a good fit for actual productivity. Whether I simply need to make a quick list/capture a thought or organize a wedding, I’m able to do so in a manner that works the way my mind flows. Very pleased with the Apple Watch integration as well. My only gripe is the absence of an iPhone widget.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.