Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CloudApp is the quickest and easiest way to share any file, screenshot, screencast, links and more with your team, clients and followers.
Drag a file to the CloudApp icon in the menubar or use our shortcut key to grab a screenshot or screencast and we take care of the rest. A link to the file will automatically be copied to your clipboard that you can share via Twitter, IM, email, or smoke signals. While other applications make sharing a chore, CloudApp stays out of your way, adapting to your specific needs. CloudApp is the fastest way to share.
"So simple that you use it without realizing it's there." — Tim Van Damme (Dropbox)
"CloudApp is extremely useful, beautiful, and so very simple. Exactly what you want in a utility." — Mark Jardine (Tapbots)
"CloudApp is file sharing the way it should be: simple and powerful with a handy keyboard shortcut integration that my fingers tend to stay glued to all bundled into an elegant UI." — Brian Hoff (The Design Cubcile)
“Few apps come across my path that become instantly integrated into my workflow. Cloudapp is one of them. I honestly can't imagine using my computer without it. It's critical to the way I work.” — Mike Gowen (Delighted)
• Simple to use, easy to understand design-focused interface.
• Share files and links (Drops).
• Upload by drag-and-drop.
• Share screenshots and screencasts using customized keyboard shortcuts.
• Share unlimited files.
• Use a Custom Domain (eg. shorturl.co/XXXX)
• Share Drops using private or public links (Built-in URL shorterning!)
• View a history of your Drops along with the viewcount
• Re-copy a link, delete or rename a Drop from the menubar.
• External app support: Photoshop, Hipchat, Safari, Tweetbot, Slack, Finder and others.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Multiple fixes and overall performance improvements (improves drag and drop functionality and resolves high CPU usage in dark mode and other reported crashes)
- CloudApp Motion now saves the position of your last recording to make creating another take easier and faster
- Motion Bug fix: cursor fails to show on recordings when using a secondary screen
- Motion Bug fix: upload failures when creating short videos in high-quality
Great app & service, except for the pricing
CloudApp is beautifully designed, it doesn't get in your way and it's a prime example of software that does just one thing, but does that thing exceptionally well. I love the customizable keyboard shortcuts and the app is generally a joy to use. But there's one thing that bothers me about the service: the pricing.
I am a casual user, I don't need hundreds of uploads a day. But sometimes I do need more than 10 and I'd be willing to pay for the occasional use case where I need 15, maybe 20 uploads. But 10 bucks a month? For a couple more uploads? I can't justify that. The "Rain" plan, the lowest of the three plans, offers way more than I need - give me a plan that serves my needs and costs a buck or two a month and I'm in.
I don't need unlimited uploads, I don't need custom branding or domains and I don't need to share 500MB files, that's overkill for me. Please introduce a plan for casual users at a reasonable price, you might win over a LOT of free users who would never sign up for a pro account with the current pricing.
I downloaded this terrible app a few weeks ago and once figuring out that they wanted to charge $67 for only 8gb of storage I laughed and decided to delete the app. Well somehow it has enbeded itself deep inside my computer and no matter what I do it keeps comming back. I curse at my computer everytime it turnes on because the first thing that shows is the pop up window asking if I want to start this app at log in. now matter how many times I say "no dont ask me again” it still pops up. Dropbox has a free version with 2GB which this app charges $25 for 3Gb. Like I said do not waist your time. Do name the mistake I did.
Pricing way too high
I have been a Cloudapp customer since late 2013 and love using it. The service is great and easy to share links to email instead of sending large files directly.
Recently they have changed their pricing and it is outrageous!
Beware, I would no longer recommend the service, especially because they aren’t grandfathering in my existing plan that I have held for over a year! The pricing is crazy now, and I think I may have to find something else soon.